Nice meeting you !!!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
SamHardy

Nice meeting you !!!

Postby SamHardy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:12 am

Hey guys

I'm Sam a longtime lurker from the woods of new Hampshire who have been an avid archery hunter and shooter since 2002. But i figured i'd sign up since im interested in cross bows and can probably learn alot from you guys,now as the title says im wondering, how do i pick a new cross bow that fits me?

Thanks
Sam

jonny5buck

Re: Nice meeting you !!!

Postby jonny5buck » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Welcome Sam......hope you find good advice on here....

I don't shoot a crossbow so i am of no help in that department..but welcome ..all the same- :mrgreen:

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Welcome to the forum Sam. I shoot crossbow and recently picked up an extra. What would you like to know? If you have them available to handle and shoot at your local archery store, that would be a good way to try different brands and styles, to see what you like. Compound versions are a bit faster with a little longer range. Barnetts shoot from a raised mount, where as Hortons fire down a greased channel. light bows have more recoil, but are easier to carry through the woods. They are held like a long gun and have a trigger, but that is all they have in common with guns. Their range is still archery range and archery speed. (with a little extra) Ask any questions, I will assist in any way I can. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Sam,
Just my opinion. Pick one that you like and shoots well for you. Again, IMO it's not like a compound. The need for it to "fit" you isn't as critical.

Return to Off Topic