Superstitious?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
fr0sty

RE: Superstitious?

Postby fr0sty » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:29 am

No, not superstitious.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:17 am

ORIGINAL: hilltop

Don,t we all have a lucky HAT or something that we cannot go to the woods without.

I find it unlucky to go into the woods without my gun. [:D]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:28 pm

You too?? I thought it was just me! I got to thinking about it, and I realized that EVERY SINGLE TIME I've killed a deer, I've had either my gun, or my bow with me! Go figger.......[:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

bowhuntingbiker

Postby bowhuntingbiker » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:46 pm

I was superstitious until my wife washed my lucky pen the last time I came home from the field. I'm not superstitious anymore!! BHB

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Ok, besides doing the same things to get ready for a hunt every time I go out, I'm really not that superstitious when it comes to hunting.  As long as we're talking about these 'scary' stories though, I'll add mine.  I too remember seeing the BWP and feeling the same way either going into the woods in the morning, or coming out at night.  Also, another movie that freaked me out when I was younger was Friday the 13th.  I always thought Jason was stalking me...Just put shivers down my spine and caught me moving ever a bit faster to get out of that woods...or up my stand if it was the morning!  Scary stuff!
QDM!

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:07 am

Never ever ever walk underneath your ladder stand.  HAAA Just kiddin, thought one might translate well and that was all I could think of.  Maybe that's why I don't own any; just climbers and hang ons.  [:)]
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:51 am

No superstitions but I do have a luck shirt that I know I will kill a deer when I wear it. 

Recently I've been leaning toward the idea that all I have to do is think about wearing my lucky shirt and I'll still kill a deer.  But it's going to take a few more trips into the woods before I can confirm this. [:)]
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Vikinghater

Postby Vikinghater » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:53 am

Ha!! Blair witch project, wife and I saw that movie , now I dont scare easily , espically with movies but that one got to me .  Anyhow the wife took some landscape stones out of the front yard and made a small pile in front of the bedroom door that nite !!!  SHE THINKS SHES SO FUNNY

Previous

Return to Off Topic