Since it is nearly Halloween, got any good ghost stories?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
vipertech

Since it is nearly Halloween, got any good ghost stories?

Postby vipertech » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:52 am

I'm a pretty big skeptic.  Never really had anything paranormal happen to me like seeing a ghost or having objects move, etc. I do like watching Ghost Hunters though.

The closest thing was this:  We had been living in our house for about a year.  I was standing in the area between the foyer and the dining room when all of a sudden there was a huge bang on the side of the house.  It sounded exactly like someone had thrown a very hard snowball at the house.  It was the winter time so I figured some kids were screwing around.  I went outside to look but there was no kids or even sign that the house was hit with something.  This sound happened a few more times over the course of a couple of days.  It never happened again though.  I never found an explanation for the sound but I speculate that some water was frozen under the old siding and was popping. 

ranwin33

RE: Since it is nearly Halloween, got any good ghost stories?

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:26 am

I used to think we might have "visitors" in our house on occasion.  The wierdest thing that ever happened, other than the occasional sound of music playing, door closing, and feet running, was when we had hung some pictures along the stairway to the second floor of our house.  Total of three pictures hung on the wall at different heights ascending the stairwell. 

They hung for three days, then one evening they all came crashing down at the same time.  No kids in the house, just me and my wife watching TV.  I can explain the all coming off the wall at the same time I suppose, but when we checked the pictures they each had X's slashed in the paper on the backside, and I really can't explain what could have done that.

We haven't hung any pictures there since.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:35 am

"It was a dark and stormy night....."

[size="1"]{to be continued}[/size]
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:56 am

" i was in my bedroom (opposite side of the house) listening to a Richard Pryor cassette (pre-burn days), I had a dim light on in the room.
My bed had no frame, a mattress on the floor. There was a shelf across my room that held my 5 gallon fish tank. The shelf was just above eye level when lying on the mattress.
My dad's funeral had recently passed. We were still in a state of mourning.
Somewhere in the middle of listening to Pryor and thinking of my dad I drifted off to sleep.
I awoke finding myself staring down to the fish tank.
I thought "Hmm, thats odd, how is it I am looking down into my fish tank?"
I then realized I was hovering above the bed.
I immediately fell back to "earth", ran across my room, out the door opening, and proceeded to slam the door shut!
While slamming the door I took a glance into the room, underneath the dim light was a mist.
I slept in my mom's room that night.

Next day when my mom came home from work, she asked me "What were you listening too last night?" "Some "devil" rock music or something?"
"No" I said, "just thinking about dad"
She went white as a ghost and almost passed out.

Apparently, the same time that she heard me screaming and running through the house, she saw dad sitting in his chair in their room. Dad died of cancer, toward the end he couldn't sleep or lay down because of the pain. He spent most of his remaining nights in that chair while my mom slept, watching over her.
Apparently, even after his death.

Strange, though, I never figured out why she kept that chair, and many years later died it black.

Thats my story.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Croz73PA

Postby Croz73PA » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:30 pm

No ghosts but a couple creatures that caused some serious dispair.  I work 7pm to 7am so i dont get alot of sleep during hunting season.  During one hunt last year after about 3 days without shut-eye I saw a turkeybear monster fluttering in the breese and what I estimated to be about a 200 pound purple rabbit on the drive home. 
I'm finding more time for sleep this year!

Return to Off Topic