Yikes! Pricey.

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Sailfish

Yikes! Pricey.

Postby Sailfish » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:37 am

The wife drove over the curb in my truck. Not really over kind of on the side of the cement. Twice.
First time the wheel sort of peeled back some, while ugly, stull functional.
Second time, the tire no longer would seat on the wheel. Peeled it back real good.

Got with Ford,...........$914.00 wheel only!!!
Mounting, balancing my tire was extra!
[&:][:@][:(][:'(]

Got with my local tire man, and he found one off a truck that someone upgraded or went bigger wheels, etc.

$320.00

Still heckuva lot for a wheel.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

tbone

RE: Yikes! Pricey.

Postby tbone » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:43 am

Ouch!
Hunting safe, all the time.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:06 pm

I feel your pain.  We got my wife an F250 to pull her horse trailer to all the horse shows she campaigns her horse in (she won her division at Pinetops Farm in Georgia this past weekend and she & the horse are nationally ranked BTW). Last year, I was washing the truck for her before another out-of-state show she was heading to, and I accidentally cut one of the rear tires on a small deer crossing sign I put where the deer always cross the driveway.  Because the truck pulls a heavy trailer, we had 10 ply tires installed all the way around.  The tire I had to replace was $285...excluding mounting, balancing, disposal fee, and a new valve stem, not to mention having to pay the guys extra to stay late to do the work so she could get to the show on time. Good thing I didn't trash the rim.
 I just shoulda let her take a dirty rig to the show.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:00 am

congrats on the wife!

Yes I rue the day I have to get new tires.
I tow my 23' boat alot, down to the keys, etc.
I have 20"s on the truck. I cannot imagine what truck (tow) rated tires are going to cost [:(]
So much so I haven't even considered looking at a price just for fun.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:37 pm

ORIGINAL: Cut N Run

I feel your pain ... got my wife an F250 to pull her horse trailer ... I was washing the truck for her before another out-of-state show she was heading to, and I accidentally cut one of the rear tires on a small deer crossing sign ... I just shoulda let her take a dirty rig to the show.

Jim

Jim boy, I'm surprised at you, once a guy gets married, the wife is supposed to wash the truck! [:D]

Return to Off Topic