My First Hog...And First Blood for the year

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
buckhunter21

RE: My First Hog...And First Blood for the year

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Congrats on that ginormous hog!  You're going to have ham for a while!
QDM!

passin through

RE: My First Hog...And First Blood for the year

Postby passin through » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Dewy--- the slug did not go all the way through the neck but did very definitely kill him by breaking the bone.....You can kill them with a 22LR if you shoot them right I just had a new toy I wanted to blood so i had been carrying it every where.  Normally we take whatever we have handy to check traps and depending on how we are going to hunt them usually a 22 for ease of carry....normally we will catch them up with dogs or traps and feed them out on corn for 90 days if they are of eating size.  As far as comparing taste to domestic....If it has been on pure acorns...just as good as a corn fed hog....if your state allows feeding corn for deer and you kill the hog in the fall then just as good as well since he has most likely been eating food plot grass and corn any way.  A 400lb boar like the one I killed is not really something you want to eat though unless you cut him and feed him out for about 120 days...even then there's a better than even chance it still gonna be raunchy meat.  I am attaching the perfect wild hog pic......100lbs on the hoof and 90days of grain made for some fine eating this past weekend!  This is what we call a Cochon de lait....... (coo shon de lay)  or a pig roast......its like the national pastime of Cajun country.

It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

Previous

Return to Off Topic