Are You A Pack Rat?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
DoeEyed

RE: Are You A Pack Rat?

Postby DoeEyed » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 pm

Now see that's the thing! If it was neat and organized there would be no problem. But when you have to search and search for something cuz it MIGHT be in that corner or box or drawer....drives me crazy!
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:04 pm

I guess I fall into the 'organized' pack rat.  Yes, I may hold on to things a little longer than I should.  I have that, I'll use it some day attitude!  lol  Drives the 'wife' nuts! [:D]
QDM!

SwampFox

Postby SwampFox » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:30 am

I'm guilty of it myself.  I keep saying I'm going to go through everything and sell or donate to charity all of the things I dont use but I just have not made the time to do it.  I think we are to matirialistic and I consider myself to be a light packer/essentials guy but I need to get back to it.  I'm just so much happier knowing I use the things I have and everything is simple and organized.  It's just hard to put it in practice and keep it that way. Totaly agree on the technology thing.  Some of it is great and really frees up time for the more enjoyable things in life (like hunting) but to much of anything can be bad.  I think if your using your new found free time to enjoy life or be productive it's okay.  If your filling your free time with more technology (tv, video games, D&DH forums lol) then its probably not such a good thing. 

FlDeerman

Postby FlDeerman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:38 pm

My big problem is not throwing things away.I always think the will be a need later.My wife just read this and said AMEN!!

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:25 pm

I have spent the last couple weeks going thru the house packing things up and taking them to the consignment shop in town. I am so happy to be rid of it. I also managed to talk my mother into getting a storage unit for her things about a month ago. We almost have the loft in our pole building back! Yay!
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Are You A Pack Rat?...

No...I'm a Chipmunk with a LARGE Suit Case! ROTFLMAO [;)]

Yes Doe Eyed...I'm a true blue Pack Rat,but I can't help it. GTOHunter holding up his new ladder stand umbrella he bought on sale today and the new rechargable battery for his trail camera!...singing "Its so pretty....oh so pretty"!  [8|] [:)] [:D]

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:24 am

My wife save EVERYTHING.
Boxes a toy comes in, shampoo  bottles from the hotel, just everything she thinks will have some use later.
Mostly it ends up sitting around collection dust until I find it and throw it away.

She gets it from her mom.
When her mom died last year or so ago, it was amazing the amount of junk she had hidden in the house.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:45 pm

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

My neighbor , who passed away several years ago , had a policy that if he didn't use something in his garage in two years , he would toss it out. The problem was , a month or so after he tossed it , he would have a need and have to buy a replacement .

It's nice to keep stuff, but when you've been in the same house for 40 years ... you just run out of room ... so I keep telling my wife ... if you haven't used that in one year, you ain't gonna use it & you don't need it. Deaf ears!

On the other hand, when it comes to hardware & lumber, if you keep it long enough, it will come in handy. Who hasn't gone to that big jar filled with extra screws, nuts & bolts when something broke & you were able to fix it because you found the right item in that jar?

On the other hand, no one likes to throw out nice clothes, but, when you finally admit it will be a cold day in hell before you can get back into that pair of 32" slacks ... you get more room in your closet. [:D]

ORIGINAL: Patriot

I am the anti pack rat. If I don't use it on a regular basis, I get rid of it. I not OCD, but I do like things organized.

What is OCD?

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:22 am

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder[:D]

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:48 am

We've spent the last 2-3 weeks cleaning out the garage and the closets. We've thrown out a lot of stuff, given away a lot of stuff and destroyed 2 shredders. Still have more to go.

As for OCD, my daughter has it. A lot of meds and trips to the psychiatrist.

Previous

Return to Off Topic