Brett Favre is Viking!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Nubs

Brett Favre is Viking!

Postby Nubs » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:36 pm

It is official, Favre has signed a 2 yr contract with the Vikings and could be starting in this Fridays game against the Chiefs.  For years I hated Favre when he was with the Packers but now that he is coming to MN I have a feeling the Vikes are going to be having a good year. 

Yes, even though I am from WI. I am a Vikings fan.  I live in a part of the state where we get all of our news from MN, so every Sunday we watched the Vikings play and so I grew up watching the Vikings, cheering for the Vikings, and being a life long fan.  GO VIKES!

Haywood

RE: Brett Favre is Viking!

Postby Haywood » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm so glad he signed a 2 year contract. Hopefully I won't have to hear about him all next summer on ESPN like I have the past 2 - 3.

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:04 pm

The Vikings can have him He is all washed up he will start out good and then faulter later in the year like he did with the jets. Of course it will be somebody elses fault that he had a bad year. I am from WI and never been a Brett Favre fan I just wish he would have stayed retired but he is a attention hound so how could he..

I hope he make sure the bullseye on his back is nice and clean for when he plays the Packers, and I cant wait to see him get dumped on his head.  

ILBowhunter

Postby ILBowhunter » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Why was this topic posted in the D&DH forums?  Perhaps another venue would have been better.
http://rootzoo.com/threads/browse/NFL-Football

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Well it is off topic. And I used to be a Favre fan, but am no longer because of his ultimate stupidity and great lying ability. The Viqueens can have him! Just watch out for the Packers because they'll beat the Vikes and win the division.
Kyle

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:46 pm

Wow, 2 yrs ago he took you a game away from the big game, last year he was 8-3 before getting hurt, all of those accomplishes with teams that didn't have a roster loaded with a lot talent.  If Favre stays healthy he will have a blow out year.  He won't have to rely on his arm as much with the best running back duo in the league, defenses won't know how to stop them.  If they play the run they will get burned on the pass, if they play the plass they will get burned on the run. A.P. will have over 2000yrds rushing this year guaranteed. 

bowbrown

Postby bowbrown » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:05 am

I'm with BWB I use to like Farve but in the last couple years he has turned his name into mud as far as I am concerned. He had a great career but his up and down decisions and the drama surrounding him has made his name something that not alot of people want to hear anymore.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:18 am

ORIGINAL: Nubs

Wow, 2 yrs ago he took you a game away from the big game, last year he was 8-3 before getting hurt, all of those accomplishes with teams that didn't have a roster loaded with a lot talent.  If Favre stays healthy he will have a blow out year.  He won't have to rely on his arm as much with the best running back duo in the league, defenses won't know how to stop them.  If they play the run they will get burned on the pass, if they play the plass they will get burned on the run. A.P. will have over 2000yrds rushing this year guaranteed. 

Nubs I couldn't have said it better myself, damn the Vikings are now stacked with talent! I'm pretty sure you can tell from my screen name I'm a diehard Viking fan, have been for 39 years! I can honestly say I never thought I'd be cheering for Brett Favre! Go Vikings! Oh, ILBowhunter this is in the Off Topic section, thanks for giving it a bump!

Swandog09

Postby Swandog09 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:50 am

I happen to be at Lambeau Field yesterday (visiting the Packer Pro shop) when the news hit about the old #4.  I guess I am not surprised by him any more.

I was hoping that this non-sense would be over for good last month when he retired for the 4th or 5th time.  It was interesting to watch other people's reaction however, few were happy with the news and most just took it in and said now he is Minnesota's problem.

I was hoping that either the Versus Channel or the Outdoor Channel would have offered him his own hunting show.  That would have kept him busy and the NFL/ESPN could talk about something else for while.

Can't say that I am happy about this but I don't hate the guy he has given GB too much.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:58 am

I'm predicting a mid-season retirement.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Next

Return to Off Topic