Brett Favre is Viking!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Sailfish

RE: Brett Favre is Viking!

Postby Sailfish » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:37 am

I wouldn't call him selfish.
Who on here wouldn't jump at the opportunity for a ton of money? A TON of money? For something that you have done since you could walk? Your whole life? Your entire life? Something you love almost as much as your family??

Its an addiction. A lifetime of an addiction is pretty hard to toss aside. And these people (Green Bay, Jets, Vikings) you think they don't know what they are getting themselves into???

It is a business, a cut-throat business. Each his own when it comes to making money and earning a living.
If I don't like how a man conducts himself or his business, I don't support it. Simple.

Just saying.

Oh and go Bucs!!!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:17 am

Pinocchio, Snow White, and Superman are out for a stroll in town one day. As
they walk, they come across a sign: "Contest: Looking for the most beautiful
woman in the world."

"I'm entering!" said Snow White. After the contest she comes out and they
ask her, "Well, how'd ya do?" "First Place!" said Snow White.

They continue walking and they see a sign:"Contest: Looking for the
strongest man in the world."

"I'm entering," says Superman. After the contest he returns and they ask
him, "How did you make out?" "First Place," answers Superman. "Was there
any doubt?"

They continue walking until they see yet another sign: "Contest! Who is the
greatest liar in the world?" Naturally, Pinocchio enters.

After the contest he returns with tears in his eyes. "What happened?" they
asked. "I came in 2nd;
Who the hell is this Brett Favre, anyway?" asked Pinocchio.

By the way I an neither a GB or Vikings fan but thought this applicable. I have to admit though, Sailfish is right. Think about deer hunting your entire life and then suddenly its gone.......I have to give Farve credit in the fact that no matter what age, he still believes (and apparently so do the Jets and Vikings) that he has enough in the tank to go beat up on guys HALF his age! I salute him for that!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:58 pm

I love it how all your Packer fans just start hating right when it comes down to the point where he wants to play for another team.  Who let who go here anways?  Was he supposed to curl up and retire when he wanted to continue to play, but the Packers didn't want him?  Come on, let's be realistic!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 2-0 against the Pack this year!

PS  Yes, I live in WI, but my parents grew up in MN and that's what I started watching when I was younger, so I'm a huge MN sports fan, and not so much WI.  [;)]
QDM!

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:44 pm

I have'nt watched a Packer game since he left. If Minnesota is where he wants to be , good for him.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:06 pm

I just saw the Brett Fav-re Sears commercial and cracked up . Fav-re was trying to decide whether or not to purchase a product and kept changing his mind .
Semper Fi !

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:20 pm

I never really did get into football, I was always more of a baseball guy but I did watch Favre play and enjoyed watching him.  I think that the Vikings are a better team now because they have a double threat with All Day ( Adrian Peterson) and now Favre as a QB.  But I still feel that the Packers will be able to beat them and take the division.  
Scott

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Just to clarify, the Packers did want Favre, but he RETIRED. They moved on and the Aaron Rodgers era began. The Packers didn't change their stance a few months later when Favre decided he wanted to play again(surprise, surprise). If he wanted to be the QB he had to compete with Rodgers, but no Favre didn't want that- he just wanted his job handed back to him on a silver platter.

Now, like always, Favre gets what he wants with the Vikings. No training camp. No competition. He signs and is named the starter for the next preseason game even before he throws a pass. Yes Favre is a great player, but just having everything handed to him is plain stupid.
Kyle

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:55 am

Now, like always, Favre gets what he wants with the Vikings. No training camp. No competition. He signs and is named the starter for the next preseason game even before he throws a pass. Yes Favre is a great player, but just having everything handed to him is plain stupid.

You have to remember that Favre at one time was rookie a QB who just like everybody else had to prove himself to earn that starting job.  It wasn't just "given" to him.  Over his enitre career he has proven himself time and time again to the point that he is now set to become apart of the hall of fame.  I would like to think that a guy who has played at such a high level for such a long time and has made a name for himself in the NFL could walk into an organization and not have to prove himself all over again but let his tract record speak for it's self.   Favre has put in his time and knows what he is doing.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:41 am

ORIGINAL: bigwisconsinbucks

Just to clarify, the Packers did want Favre, but he RETIRED. They moved on and the Aaron Rodgers era began. The Packers didn't change their stance a few months later when Favre decided he wanted to play again(surprise, surprise). If he wanted to be the QB he had to compete with Rodgers, but no Favre didn't want that- he just wanted his job handed back to him on a silver platter.

I think there was a lot of he said she said going on here though.  Do we really know the truth of what happened?  I doubt it.  I think a lot of it had to do with Ted Thompson and his ego (which I'm sure not too many people know about).

But, it is what it is...We'll see how this plays out during the season! :)

Anyone want to put a year subscription to Deer and Deer Hunting on the line with who has the better record this season?  Whoever loses, re-ups the other person's subscription for another year! [:D]
QDM!

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:10 am

No matter what either of us say, we will probably not agree with each other. Packers and Vikings fans are not meant to get along. lol. We each have to defend our respected teams.
Kyle

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic