Brett Favre is Viking!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Swandog09

RE: Brett Favre is Viking!

Postby Swandog09 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:21 am

ORIGINAL: Nubs

Now, like always, Favre gets what he wants with the Vikings. No training camp. No competition. He signs and is named the starter for the next preseason game even before he throws a pass. Yes Favre is a great player, but just having everything handed to him is plain stupid.

You have to remember that Favre at one time was rookie a QB who just like everybody else had to prove himself to earn that starting job.  It wasn't just "given" to him.  Over his enitre career he has proven himself time and time again to the point that he is now set to become apart of the hall of fame.  I would like to think that a guy who has played at such a high level for such a long time and has made a name for himself in the NFL could walk into an organization and not have to prove himself all over again but let his tract record speak for it's self.   Favre has put in his time and knows what he is doing.

Nubs,

I agree with you that Favre is a sure fire HOFer (1st ballet, after 5 years of being retired...if he can stay retired that long).  

And if Favre was playing at a peak level I would say yes, he has earned the right to make demands like; I just want to play on Sundays, I will not show up to OTA's, I will not attend training camp.

But the NFL (Not For Long) is all about what you have done lately.  And in Favre's case it was not a pretty end to his Jets career.  From being a lock for the playoffs to not even making them and having 9 picks and only 2 TD's in the last 5 games does not ring out (to me at least) don't worry about the off season Brett.  If anything it screems you need to get your rear in camp and practice.

Yes, you can say he was hurt at the end of the season but that is even more of reason to be at the off season stuff to condition your body.

Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Favre the player but do not like how he has acted the last few years.  And remember...the Packers went through this on off stuff for several years with Favre.  I don't blame them for moving on.

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 am

Drama Queen

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:20 am

LMAO! Those are good DoeEyed even if I am a Viking fan I can appreciate those!

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:10 am

What a pass and catch in the niner's game to win it!!!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:17 pm

I'll give that a 12 out of 10!!!!
QDM!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:57 pm

I enjoy watching him play, and he has the right to leave and come as he feels fit, He has earned it. I'm a lions fan, yeah I really am. So either way when he was with the packers or now with the Vikes it sucks playing against him lol! I too enjoy the sears commercial and I think it's great he went along with it and made the commercial. I think it would be great though if he went into GB and the Vikes spanked the Packers...
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:00 pm

I'm a lions fan, yeah I really am.

First off, congrats on breaking that losing streak!!! [:D]  Secondly, I'm a huge Vikings fan and am hoping to give the Packers a butt whooping this Monday night!!
QDM!

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:07 am

I am with you on that one buckhunter21.  Go Vikes!

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:10 am

ORIGINAL: DoeEyed

Drama Queen

DoeEyed ... love your Favre photos ... love your Avatar ... BTW: Did you hear Troy Aikman is coming out of retirement? [:D]

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:40 pm

Should be an interesting game Monday. I like Brett but am not a Vikings fan so ... Go Pack!!
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic