I'm not a hateful person but....

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
vipertech

I'm not a hateful person but....

Postby vipertech » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:28 am

....I absolutely, positively HATE mosquitoes and pricker bushes.  [:@]

Yesterday I cleaned up some trails and moved a stand.  Mosquitoes nearly carried me away.  I must have used 3/4 a can of deep woods off.  I swear they LIKE the stuff!!  As for pricker bushes....my forearms and back of my neck are torn up!  I look like I got into a fight with a mountain lion. 

Is there ANY positive quality about mosquitoes?  I cannot think of ONE good reason why such a creature exists.  If I could, I would kill every one of em!!! 

Same with pricker bushes.  If there was a pretty flower that smelled great and killed mosquitoes at the end of the stem, I'd not have a problem with these stupid things!!  But no, they simply shoot out of everywhere and rip your skin to shreds.  No flower, no nothing!  Just a nasty trap!!  ARGH!!!!!

Rant off.  [:D]

msbadger

RE: I'm not a hateful person but....

Postby msbadger » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:42 am

Purple martins[;)]

cutngut85

Postby cutngut85 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:34 am

Funny you bring up skeeters.......just last night was at a bbq near where I hunt and got tore up real bad from them. I too had about half a can of cutter on and it didn't stop them.....I also 100% hate mosquitos.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:01 am

Mosquitos and "multi-floral roses" !
Those multi-floral bushes have some real nasty thorns . Even long sleeve shirts won't protect your arms . Their thorns will tear up your clothes and the are hard to trim back without getting pricked by their thorns ! [:@]...[:@]....[:@]....[:@]....[:@]....[:@]
Semper Fi !

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:30 am

I have a shirt that says, "Why didn't Noah just swat those two Mosquitoes?"  Insert picture of a Mosquito.  

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:02 am

For the mosquitoes I have only one word of advice for you ...Thermacell...its not just for hunting anymore ;).  Those things are a blessing...and they make a lantern now that covers a bigger area!

woodsalta

Postby woodsalta » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:14 am

I agree with DeanoZ. Termacell is the next thing, if not better than sliced bread! I set up to hunt turn the thing on and within 5 mins ALL the critters are gone!

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:58 am

This is my Cliff Claven (Cheers) response:
Multifloral rose was introduced to this country by Japan, Korea and China in 1886 as rootstock for ornamental roses.  In the 30"s it was promoted as a "living fence" and wildlife cover.  Not such a great idea was it?
Poisen Ivy is the worst...I have had some terrible experiences with it.

hunt4fun

Postby hunt4fun » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:40 am

I might as well be an unofficial spokesperson for Thermacel.  It is truely a remarkable product.  It will be the best purchase you ever made.  Now if they just made a thermacel that killed pricker bushes...  I guess a weed whacker and round up will have to do for now.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 am

ORIGINAL: hunt4fun

I might as well be an unofficial spokesperson for Thermacel.  It is truely a remarkable product.  It will be the best purchase you ever made.  Now if they just made a thermacel that killed pricker bushes...  I guess a weed whacker and round up will have to do for now.

A weed whacker and roundup will only temporarily deter the pricker bushes! The only true way to kill them is to pull them up by their roots, evil, pure evil, same goes for the mosquitos. I think I might have to invest in the Thermacell this year since I'll be hunting bow season for the first time down here in SW Alabama and NW Florida! In the past I only hunted rifle season and late muzzleloader so mosquitos weren't a problem. I have a feeling bow hunting in October could be a different story especially as wet as it has been lately!

Next

Return to Off Topic