I'm not a hateful person but....

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
JOEL

RE: I'm not a hateful person but....

Postby JOEL » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:45 pm

after reading this im sooooooo glad i put off doing any trail/stand worktry using "tin cloth for the pricker bushes,you'll sweat but you wont get cut
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

hunt4fun

Postby hunt4fun » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:35 pm

69Viking:  My buddy and I tried pulling every single one off of an area we cleared for a food plot and it was backbreaking work.  It DOES get rid of most of the problem, but it seems as though their roots get intertwined and it is still really hard to get rid of all the root systems no matter how hard you try.  They are a real pain.  They have become pretty rampant on parts of my family property and my dad told me last week that next year he wants to try and get rid of a lot of the areas that have become infested.....  Not looking forward to it.

SwampFox

Postby SwampFox » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:37 am

Life in the woods would be a lot sweeter without Golden orb weavers (banana spiders).  They seem to make their webs right at eye level across trails and I get them wraped around my face in the dark and end up eye to eye with the sucker.

SwampFox

Postby SwampFox » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:56 am

oh yeah, and these arent fun either.

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:00 am

I do have a Thermocell.  Works great while hunting but does no good at all when moving about in the woods trying to clean up trails or move stands.  Then again, maybe attaching it to a belt buckle or something like that would work?  Hmm?

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:45 pm

they make a carrying case for it[;)] http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/holste ... sories.asp
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:49 am

....I absolutely, positively HATE mosquitoes and pricker bushes.

I got a good laugh reading your post, because I can picture how pissed off you must have been when you wrote it[:D] Hope you didn't break your keyboard.

There are very few things in life that I hate ... cold rain while at a stand (snow is okay) ... slow drivers in the left lane ... but mosquitoes ... makes you wonder if the Good Lord had a bad day when he invented those miserable little creatures. I'm sure the dinosaurs didn't like them anymore than we do.

Well, that's why God invented the Dragonfly ... they can eat 1000 mosquitoes a day ... trouble is, dragonflies seldom venture more than 1/4 mile from water. So if there are no dragonflies in your area ... your best defense is a good fogging machine![:D][:D]

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:11 am

I vote for Banana spiders in your face as being worse than mosquitos on your arm.

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:06 am

ORIGINAL: Ohio farms

I vote for Banana spiders in your face as being worse than mosquitos on your arm.

How bout this baby on your face?

hunt4fun

Postby hunt4fun » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:15 am

I'm surprised no one has said anything about tics!  Mosquitos are super annoying, but tics are just downright creepy.  If I have one on me, it just gets in my head and I keep feeling like I have more on me until I can change my clothes and check my whole body.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic