The Enemy Is Denial

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

Re: The Enemy Is Denial

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Point taken! That makes sense......duuh.......

You can tell I'm not a fireman! There isn't enough money in this world that would make me go INTO a burning building!!!!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Woods Walker wrote:Point taken! That makes sense......duuh.......

You can tell I'm not a fireman! There isn't enough money in this world that would make me go INTO a burning building!!!!

Once was enough for me.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

luvhuntin

Postby luvhuntin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks for sharing that article WOODS.

I`m afraid rational logic is not going to change any minds for some time to come though. I feel so uncomfortable after this shooting I want to scream at anyone who talks about more regulation to me and ramble on about the stats and what has happened in other places when people were rounded up because of little or no chance to defend themselves Knowing I`ll be labeled a GUN NUT!

it`s hard but instead I just ask. Why should I voluntarily give up the ability to defend myself with the same weapon a criminal could use on me? It`s working so far.

keep fighting the fight if this ball gets rolling and they have to sign it before we can see whats in it, Were not going to be hunting with anything but rocks and wood spears!

mom told me today that now when you go see a chiropractor under medicare they can only treat 4 areas at a visit and there is a new long form to fill out. The neck mid spine and low back are considered three separate areas! Oh how streamlined and cost effective health care has become!

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:31 am

kellory wrote:
Deebz wrote:I wish they would employ an "Air Marshal" game plan in schools... have weapons accessible only to certain individuals in the school at strategic locations in the building (fingerprint locks and such), and have those individuals trained in shooting and combat. That way we don't have to have a cop on site all the time and still have a true first line of defense in place.

I'd be the first to volunteer for this program for my school...

Deebz, That would put you in the line of fire. If this comes about, let us know. You will need a vest (not an orange one) and I will send a few bucks to help with the cost. :|

Good point... I hadn't thought about body armor, but it would be a pretty much necessary addition. I'm sure the school district would cover the cost of all necessary materials if this solution was used. What's sad is that I don't think we'd ever be able to settle on such an obvious, effective, and low cost solution...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

mnslayer

Postby mnslayer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Been fighting fires for 20plus years. If asked to deploy a water cannon I would be the first to volunteer. Weather it be fire or man mitigating risk is part of the job.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:50 pm

God Bless you! I know a few firemen, and you guys ARE special.

I have an extreme amount of respect for anyone in the military, law enforcement of firefighting/paramedics, but you firemen are TOPS!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 pm

mnslayer wrote:Been fighting fires for 20plus years. If asked to deploy a water cannon I would be the first to volunteer. Weather it be fire or man mitigating risk is part of the job.

Thank you.
download (5).gif
download (5).gif (1.22 KiB) Viewed 575 times
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:13 am

mnslayer wrote:Been fighting fires for 20plus years. If asked to deploy a water cannon I would be the first to volunteer. Weather it be fire or man mitigating risk is part of the job.

May I ask where and under what capacity you've been fighting fires?

I've too have been at it for over 20 years as a career firefighter, paramedic, training officer and company officer. Mitigating risk means limiting it. You don't need to tell me the job is dangerous. Every day I go to work I have to sort out the risks I will allow myself and the members of my company to take. What I will not do is act stupidly in order to play the part of hero and get people killed without reason. In the Army I was taught how to advance on an enemy under direct fire and I can tell you there is no way in heck you can blend that with proper hoseline deployment. What you are suggesting is a recipe for adding dead firefighters, who should be treating the wounded, to the pile.

...and what the heck is a "water cannon"?

mnslayer

Postby mnslayer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:56 am

JHP
I have been a structural firefighter in a metro suburbs for 20yrs the last 7 serving as Captain. I never intended to say it would be standard practice, but in a risk vs benefits if it stopped the slaughter of children I said I would be the first to VOLUNTEER. I would not order my men to take this action and circumstances would depict the actions required. you are right advancing a 2 1/2" -3" smooth bore (aka water cannon) would be difficult but not impossible.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Well, God bless BOTH of you!

Anyone who runs INTO burning buildings for us deserves our praise, admiration and most of all support!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic