New Gun Documentary

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
JPH

New Gun Documentary

Postby JPH » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:52 pm

While this comes from a fairly unlikely source (I kept waiting for it to turn anti-gun), this is a very fair and interesting look at the American gun question. It's only 30 min. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZO30lPGm4

Ohio farms

Re: New Gun Documentary

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 pm

I checked it out. I thought the owner of the gun store was very responsible in his rules for selling a weapon. I have no problem with background checks to keep those with diagnosed mental illness or criminal records from having a firearm...so shoot me.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Overall, not a bad piece, although there was some misinformation concerning the homicide rate in "stand your ground" states. He claimed they went up a little over 7%, when in actuality, the homicide rates decreased. The gun shop owner was pretty much a straight up individual, as was the instructor, but the concept that more stringent background checks won't be intrusive is something I can not agree with. I already question the NICS claims of not keeping background check information on file, especially considering that the FFL dealer must retain the form 4473 in his records, along with his log books that show when, where, and how each gun came into the store, and when, how, and to whom each one was sold. The Hippa laws requiring doctors and psychiatrists to abide by privacy of patient information was just repealed with one of Obama's executive orders in direct violation of his own affordable health care law. That in itself is a Constitutional violation of the separation of powers. Considering his penchant for issuing those eos, I don't trust him to not bypass the legislative process, which was something the film lightly touched on. The biggest negative in this narrative was the tattooed weird guy at the freak store, and his comments which seemed to follow the antis spiel about "assault weapons". The most positive portion of the film was with the young boy, especially when it showed him safely handling the shotgun and displaying his expertise at shooting it. Over all, I believe both pro-gun and anti-gun organizations could point to various portions of this to support their ideas and promote their opinions.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

joeyPop

Postby joeyPop » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 am

Very good documentary.. i watched it twice..
A blowgun is a simple weapon consisting of a small tube for firing light projectiles or darts.

Return to Off Topic