Hunting to be banned in U.S.?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Ifishandhunt

Hunting to be banned in U.S.?

Postby Ifishandhunt » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 pm

I don't know if it is appropriate to post political comments here, but I wanted to warn everyone on this site who loves the sport of hunting... who loves deer hunting and other hunting types. Now is the time for hunters to band together! I do not know if you are aware (not much news beign shown about this) but the Senate will be set to vote on confirmation of Cass Sunstein this week as Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. I am asking you all to please contact your Senators ASAP and tell them NOT to confirm Cass Sunstein. Please get the message out ASAP to everyone you know and have them call too. If this guy is confirmed, we can say goodbye to our guns, our hunting and basically our passion. This guy is way out there when it comes to animal rights, agriculture and hunting. He wants to ban hunting, period! He wants more restrictions on agriculture to the point where it would be too costly for farmers to operate. He wants our guns gone! This may be the most pivital point in future. Please do your homework. Don't take it just from me. You can find his quotes all over the net (hurry before they get scrubbed).

I would not normally post a political comment on D&DH but this related to our sport and I felt it an important thing to be mentioned.

Woods Walker

RE: Hunting to be banned in U.S.?

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:03 pm

This should come as no surprise to anyone who's been paying attention for the past two years. Obama from day one, as a state senator to the present has surrounded himself with all kinds of America hating, leftist extremists, from Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright, right up to his "green energy" czar, a self proclaimed Communist who believed that Bush and the government were responsible for the 9-11 attacks, and who resigned this weekend.

This is what America wanted, and that's what we're getting.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:33 pm

I am right there with you WW. I for one am not surprise and not one of those americans who wanted any of the crap Obama was and is dishing out. The anti's are gaining a foothold. This nomination will solidify it and not be pretty for us (or the NRA).

Well, all we can do is educate ourselves, make calls to representatives and vote. In the mean time I will spend more time in the woods and enjoy what God has given us.

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:40 pm

We (The hunters and gun owners) are a very solid group to try and toy with. I do not think that Obama, or anyone else is going to try and take our guns, or our hunting rights. I am a member of the NRA, an avid gun enthusiast, and an addicted hunter. I also am a military veteran 2004-2008. Needless to say, I voted for John McCain, even tho I didn't care for Sarah Palin.

I know that the NRA is really spewing a lot out about them wanting to take our guns. It isn't going to happen. They aren't even going to try. They have bigger fish on their plates... not to mention, why mess with the guys who have all of the guns and know how to use them???

Stay educated gentleman, but don't lose any sleep over it. Our guns and hunting privileges are not going anywhere.

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:47 pm

USN_Sam1385 - First, thank you for your service. I owe you a debt of gratitude for your sacrifices!

Second, I hope you are right but we must stay vigilent, and as you wrote, stay educated. Happy hunting!

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:54 pm

ORIGINAL: USN_Sam1385

We (The hunters and gun owners) are a very solid group to try and toy with. I do not think that Obama, or anyone else is going to try and take our guns, or our hunting rights. I am a member of the NRA, an avid gun enthusiast, and an addicted hunter. I also am a military veteran 2004-2008. Needless to say, I voted for John McCain, even tho I didn't care for Sarah Palin.

I know that the NRA is really spewing a lot out about them wanting to take our guns. It isn't going to happen. They aren't even going to try. They have bigger fish on their plates... not to mention, why mess with the guys who have all of the guns and know how to use them???

Stay educated gentleman, but don't lose any sleep over it. Our guns and hunting privileges are not going anywhere.

Ditto what Ifishandhuntsaid re your service to our country.

As to your opinion on the anti gun agendas....you're kidding right? They are trying. All the time. In many ways. And you won't hear it on ABC.

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:58 pm

As to your opinion on the anti gun agendas....you're kidding right? They are trying. All the time. In many ways. And you won't hear it on ABC.
[/quote]

Obama supports regional legislation over gun owners/gun rights. He feels that each specific area should get to choose how they legislate their firearms. He is not interested in Federal bans/limitations on guns/gun rights.

I have got to say I agree with him on that point. I don't think there is anything wrong with a farm boy in Missouri or Michigan owning an AK47 or an AR. I don't exactly see the point of these same firearms being owned in the middle of, lets say Chicago... So by "not even try" I mean that he will not actively pursue a federal gun ban, or federal restrictions.

However,I completely agree that there are more regional and localized politicians who will.

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:05 pm

The NRA, and I am a MEMBER, would like you to believe otherwise. The more fear you can throw into people's hearts the faster you get membership. I love my guns, and I support the NRA. I am not, however, above seeing that they are a profit organization, and they do use certain tactics to increase membership. One of those tactics is scaring the (%)^ out of people. I don't however feel that Obama will touch our gun rights with a ten foot pole:

OBAMA QUOTES ON GUN CONTROL:

"The bottom line is this: You got a rifle, you got a shotgun, you got a gun in your house, I'm not taking it away," Obama said. "They can keep on talking about it, but it's just not true."

"I believe in the Second Amendment, and if you are a law-abiding gun owner you have nothing to fear from an Obama administration," Obama said. "This has been peddled again and again. Here's what I believe: The Second Amendment is an indvidual right. . . people have the right to bear arms. But I also believe there is nothing wrong with some common-sense gun safety measures."

"That kind of thing is common sense and has nothing to do with the guy who has got his rifle and wants to go hunting," Obama said. "Now the NRA -- I'll be honest and I'm sure there are NRA members here -- their general attitude is that we don't want anything, and if you even breathe the words 'gun control' or 'gun safety' then you must want to take away everybody's guns. Well, that's just not true."

Obama said that there are "two realities about guns" in the United States, one including lawful gun owners, hunters, and sportsmen and a second that involves the flow of illegal handguns and automatic weapons into cities such as Philadelphia, where they are used by "teenage gang-bangers."

"Surely, we can come up with a system that protects lawful gun-owners, but at the same time tries to do something about kids getting shot," he said. "That is, I think, the job of the president is to reconcile this tradition of gun ownership in this country, with some basic public safety concerns.

In the end, Obama told the group, that if voters believe he can help them on economic issues such as health care, energy and education, "this can't be the reason not to vote for me. This can't be the reason not to vote. Your guns, we're not going to mess with them."

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:11 pm

Obama supports regional legislation over gun owners/gun rights. He feels that each specific area should get to choose how they legislate their firearms. He is not interested in Federal bans/limitations on guns/gun rights.

I have got to say I agree with him on that point. I don't think there is anything wrong with a farm boy in Missouri or Michigan owning an AK47 or an AR. I don't exactly see the point of these same firearms being owned in the middle of, lets say Chicago... So by "not even try" I mean that he will not actively pursue a federal gun ban, or federal restrictions.

However,I completely agree that there are more regional and localized politicians who will.
[/quote]

At the risk of seeming argumentative, I would bet you lunch there is a whole passle of law abiding citizens in the middle of Chicago that might not agree with you. I have a neighbor a scant 100 yards to either side of me. I won't say what city I live or don't live in but I will tell you that I could own a bazooka and they would be safe. Because no matter where I choose to live I am a law abiding citizen.

Don't drink the Obama Kool-aid. I know it looks good. Don't drink it.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:37 pm

A US citizen is a US citizen. Doesnt matter where you live. An American who lives down town chicago has as much right to own a AK47 or AR as any one else.

Personally, I find it a bit disturbing as to how much the general public accepts these, permitting systems(or lack of), and the government being able to tell you if and when you can carry a weapon and checking up on you when you buy multiple weapons in a cerain time frame. I know a few good customers who have received phone calls from the ATF asking why they purchased 4 handguns in a week.
Not sure what my answer to this question would be actually.....

I feel that since i am a law abiding citizen i should be able to carry a concealed, or not concealed for that matter, weapon any where i feel without the need for a permit.

There's my .02 worth![:D]
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

Next

Return to Off Topic