Hunting to be banned in U.S.?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Ifishandhunt

RE: Hunting to be banned in U.S.?

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Backstrapcrazy,
There is no house bill SB-2099. From what I can see it is just an e-mail hoax but I am sure we'll check further into it. Check out Snopes for the info.

Not sure about the ammo claim either. I think it is more of a supply/demand issue. I've heard conspiracy theories such as what you said but no hard proof. I think once folks slow down buying ammo, then they will catch up on ammo inventory. The election threw a scare so people were/are buying small handguns and stocking up on ammo in anticipation of harsher gun regs. I noticed 9mm is started to show up again at stores and stay on the shelves but man, I am having a heck of a time finding .380 ammo.

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:48 pm

ORIGINAL: Ifishandhunt

Backstrapcrazy,
There is no house bill SB-2099. From what I can see it is just an e-mail hoax but I am sure we'll check further into it. Check out Snopes for the info.

Not sure about the ammo claim either. I think it is more of a supply/demand issue. I've heard conspiracy theories such as what you said but no hard proof. I think once folks slow down buying ammo, then they will catch up on ammo inventory. The election threw a scare so people were/are buying small handguns and stocking up on ammo in anticipation of harsher gun regs. I noticed 9mm is started to show up again at stores and stay on the shelves but man, I am having a heck of a time finding .380 ammo.

One of the major reasons for the lack of .380 ammunition is the huge increase in Concealed Carry Permits. .380 is a very popular caliber as a CCW. Also a few new .380's have come out recently, like the Sig Sauer P238. Great new carry gun.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:58 am

You have a good point about the increase in the CC permits, but I noticed about 6 months ago that Gander Mt. and Dicks were out of 38 sp for months. Their answer was that guys were stocking up in fear of upcoming restrictions. Hollow points were always available, but way too costly to practice with.  I have hollow points in my CC revolver, but certainly don't want to practice with them.  Things seem to be relaxing now.

SwampFox

Postby SwampFox » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:14 am

I see your point, however ALL citizens of the U.S. share the same rights under the constitution.  Doesnt matter if they live on a farm or in the middle of chicago.

Previous

Return to Off Topic