Hunting to be banned in U.S.?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
USN_Sam1385

RE: Hunting to be banned in U.S.?

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:30 am

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

[size="3"]Did you vote for Obama? [/size]

I didn't. My state went to McCain. God Bless Missouri.

liegong

Postby liegong » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 am

I live in Oregon. Archery season starts during August and ends in September. As someone who grew up in Michigan, that is way too early to start hunting.

And packing out an elk in 85 degree weather just isn't a lot of fun.

And as to Ifishandhunt, I find it hard that you are quoting from the Center for Consumer Freedom - a self-acclaimed pro-obesity, pro-smoking, pro-antibiotics in our meat, pro-pesticide and anti- Center for Disease control group. They have been steadfast in their quest to eliminate all mercury restrictions in food and claim that obesity isn't a problem in the US. Further, they have said that they are against all consumers and environmental group (just so you know, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Unlimited, and Quail Unlimited fall into this category). They also are against all restrictions on drinking and driving and fight to keep the minimum wage low and keep businesses from having to give benefits. There is certainly a pattern between this group and Glen Beck. Neither of them have a foot in reality. And neither of them is the hunter's friend.

As to bible quotes, I can do that too.

"In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle I will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety." (Hosea 2:18)

"And of every living thing, of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you." (Genesis 6:19)

"Ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." (Job 12:7-10)

Don't get me wrong. I love hunting and make a piss-poor passivist. (and certainly wouldn't ever consider being a vegitarian) But I also believe in stewardship of our land.

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:38 am

isease control group. They have been steadfast in their quest to eliminate all mercury restrictions in food and claim that obesity isn't a problem in the US. Further, they have said that they are against all consumers and environmental group (just so you know, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Unlimited, and Quail Unlimited fall into this category). They also are against all restrictions on drinking and driving and fight to keep the minimum wage low and keep businesses from having to give benefits. There is certainly a pattern between this group and Glen Beck. Neither of them have a foot in reality. And neither of them is the hunter's friend.

"In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle I will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety." (Hosea 2:18)

"And of every living thing, of all flesh, you shall bring two of every kind into the ark, to keep them alive with you." (Genesis 6:19)

"Ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." (Job 12:7-10)

Don't get me wrong. I love hunting and make a piss-poor passivist. (and certainly wouldn't ever consider being a vegitarian) But I also believe in stewardship of our land.
ORIGINAL: liegong

I live in Oregon. Archery season starts during August and ends in September. As someone who grew up in Michigan, that is way too early to start hunting.

And packing out an elk in 85 degree weather just isn't a lot of fun.

And as to Ifishandhunt, I find it hard that you are quoting from the Center for Consumer Freedom - a self-acclaimed pro-obesity, pro-smoking, pro-antibiotics in our meat, pro-pesticide and anti- Center for Disease control group. They have been steadfast in their quest to eliminate all mercury restrictions in food and claim that obesity isn't a problem in the US. Further, they have said that they are against all consumers and environmental group (just so you know, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Unlimited, and Quail Unlimited fall into this category). They also are against all restrictions on drinking and driving and fight to keep the minimum wage low and keep businesses from having to give benefits. There is certainly a pattern between this group and Glen Beck. Neither of them have a foot in reality. And neither of them is the hunter's friend.

Exhibit 1: The Bible
Aka: The most dangeourous weapon ever created.

Lol. I like how you countered his quotes with exact opposite ones. I, like you would make a horrible pacifist as well. It cracks me up however, how any pro or anti stance can twist the bible to their liking.

Good Post!

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:58 am

Hey, guess what? I can quote the bible also as I happen to read it. I can tell you this without having to quote more scripture here, and that is the quotes taken from the bible can be twisted IF the entire content wasn't also mentioned. There is/was a reason the bible can seem contradictory and that will happen if the REASONS for those quotes aren't also mentioned.

This is a great example on how we get little bits and pieces of political jabs without carrying the entire context of the subject. Here in IL. our beloved DNR folks are masters of "eliminating the entire text" only to expose bits and pieces of their agenda that sound worthy of repeating. It's got to be all or none to make any truthful sense. Ever heard the word "spin"?
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Liegong,
First let me say "tuche' " regarding the quotes.
But I am actually not surprised you returned with Hosea 2:18 quote. That is the most common quote used by animal rights activists. When used out of context, it will certainly make you think twice. That verse is talking about the coming of Christ - (pretty sure that hasn't happened yet) when all creation is to be brought back to what it originally was suppose to be before the 'fall' of man and also about protection of Israel against it's enemies (Bow and sword and battle I will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety).
You also again left out a bible quote this time Genesis 9:1-5 - And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. And the fear of you and the terror of you shall be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

As Marc said we can go on with many bible quotes. I know I started it but this is not a bible forum and we should probably take it to a religious forum website if we want to continue with the battle of the bible quotes.

My points in using the quotes was in response to your quotes to show that first MY direction comes from God given rights and not Cass Sunstien or Obama. Sure you can find quotes to the contrary of each other if not used in context. Specifically you used Sunstein quotes, but I found more of his own quotes in which HE said just the opposite and probably truer than the quotes you noted because he was talking to folks that share his agenda as opposed to asking Chamblis for a job. I literally watched an unedited video with those words coming out of his mouth as HIS beliefs. I have no clue what you are talking about regarding 'The Center for Consumer Freedom'. Matter of fact I never heard of them until now. Those quotes were from Cass Sunsten, not them. And even if you saw those same quotes somewhere with the Center for Consumer Freedom they are still HIS words. Bottom line is Cass Sunstein and his ilk want to put animals on an equal footing as humans. I disagree with that... at least until Christ comes! He wants to end hunting... his words. That is where I have the problem.

I also agree to good stewardship of the land and that is why we as hunters (at least most of us) try to take care of the environment but also to not let the animal that we hunt suffer. As my screen name shows, I also fish. I love it too. But even there I try to be a good steward of the waters in which I fish or am around. I also try to teach that value to my children. Come to think of it, it is the ones that are not good stewards of the land that make it harder for us and easier for the anti's.

I hope at least we can agree on that.

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:29 pm

Liegong, I was just re-reading your posts. It occured to me you mentioned Glenn Beck more than once. Obviously you do not care for him. That's your right. I am not going to get into a debate about Glenn Beck because it is NOT about Glenn Beck. I know the left wants to make it about him because they do not want to talk about the real issues. They want to hide and ignore the issues and are isolating the subject of Glenn Beck as a distraction. We here can think for ourselves and decipher the truth. But to get to the truth you need information. We want to know what is happening in our world. If we have to get it from people such as Glenn Beck or any other conservative person then at least we can sift through the b.s. we are given by them and the main stream media and decide for ourselves what fits in with our values and ideology. We sure as heck aren't getting the truth or the whole picture from the main stream media. We get one side only-suck up to Obama he is the messiah. The left wants to ignore issues and blame Glenn Beck for their problems. That's a diversion. You are doing exactly the same by bringing up his name. He is not the guy running for office or a cabinet position that will impact our laws. By the way, it cracks me up how they blame Glenn Beck for anything that happens to them when in actuallity all he is doing is showing quotes directly from the radicals themselves in context (such as Van Jones) that are so out of step with average Americans. Glenn is just showing the side that the main stream media is ignoring (because they just want to forward their agenda). There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. We need that. The hypocracy of politics is hilarious. It's ok for the left to have CNN, ABC, NBC, CNBC, MSNBC etc. suck up to Obama and NOT do their due diligence or actually ask important or hard questions or vet anyone, but holy cow if one news station (Fox) presents opposing views, it is bad and evil and they should be shut down. That's called censorship plain and simple. So please, let's not include comments about Glenn Beck or we'll be discussing/debating things other than hunting related.

smitty

Postby smitty » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:51 am

Great post Ifishandhunt! I think you are right on-point.
"Freedom Isn't Free"

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:42 am

Great debate guys/girls! I ask that you CONTINUE to keep it clean and respectful!
Thanks!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:02 am

No problem Goose. I know when it gets too political, emotions can take over and sometimes get ugly. I think we know where we stand. The great thing is we all love deer hunting and would do what we can in order to protect that priviliage. I just have such a passion for hunting so any hint of another threat to it gets me going. That's why I posted this thread originally... to get any support from my blood brothers (to steal a line fro the 'Nuge") to call our representatives to do our part and protect this awesome heritage of ours. I love this website and the forums. It is awesome to hang on-line with other hunters and tell our stories, give ideas, opinions and learn from each other. Good stuff!

backstrapcrazy

Postby backstrapcrazy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:40 am

You all need to take a look at a gun bill that is sneaking thru without a house or senate vote .

It is called the gunbill sb-2099

Ammo manufactuers have also been told to reduce production, this why it is so hard to get ammo
the last six months. They can't take your guns , but can take away ammo. No constitional right on ammo

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic