Hunting Scraps or Unused Meat For Dog

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
bigreddogue

Hunting Scraps or Unused Meat For Dog

Postby bigreddogue » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:27 am

Hello-- I am posting to all you lovely hunters out there to see if anybody has (or will have) any scraps of venison/duck/elk/other meat available that they will not be using themselves, and would otherwise throw out or discard.

I have a large Mastiff dog that is on a special raw diet consisting of meat, bones and organs. He is a giant boy, so feeding him 3 pounds of raw meat per day is an expensive venture. Here is where knowing hunters personally comes in handy--- but since I do not know any, I landed here, hoping some might have some freezer-burned meat or scraps that they have no need for. I will take anything, really, as long as it's even remotely edible...he's not picky. :)

I live in New York and will pay all shipping costs.

Thank you all in advance; I (and my dog) really appreciate it!

My email: chanoyu@verizon.net.

rthomas4

Re: Hunting Scraps or Unused Meat For Dog

Postby rthomas4 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:55 am

I'd suggest that you check in with the legality of shipping game meat (scrap or not) across state lines. There are some pretty strict laws about shipping game meat in this country, both due to the fact that it is wild game, and also due to certain agriculture department regulations.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

msbadger

Re: Hunting Scraps or Unused Meat For Dog

Postby msbadger » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Sorry my two 130 # shepherds are chowing down on the hind leg bones now...tomorrow the front legs and their mom and the cat are sharing in the trimmings.....no waste in this house....good luck.... ;)
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Return to Off Topic