what are you listening to?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kellory

what are you listening to?

Postby kellory » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:01 pm

The purpose of the thread, is to share what you are listening to, be it music, comedy, documentary, or old radio broadcast, whatever you find worth sharing.

I'll start with :2CELLOS - Thunderstruck [OFFICIAL VIDEO]: http://youtu.be/uT3SBzmDxGk
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Deebz

Re: what are you listening to?

Postby Deebz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Right now if I'm in the truck I probably have a CD in if I'm not trying to catch the Huckabee Report. My 3 favorite right now are the Lumineers, Mumford & Sons, and an Allman Brother's greatest hits.

If I'm home, I usually run Pandora through my phone/cpu. I have a shuffle station of a range of everything from Old Crow Medicine Show (Hootie covered their song Wagon Wheel) and other folky/bluegrassy stuff to 90's rock, some bob marley and some classic rock...

I have a bit of an eclectic taste in music...

Oddly enough, I do everything I can to avoid listening to the country station on the radio. Most new country sucks. It's hip hop/pop gone rural. Terrible stuff.

This is what I'm talking about :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1D2UH1t6Eo
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:20 pm

My radio stays tuned to a country music station so I can understand the lyrics and not have to listen to some ghetto punk calling his baby momma a ho, or bragging about killing cops and doing drugs!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:33 pm

http://youtu.be/Us-TVg40ExM

A great group of individuals around the world singing "Stand by me".
I'm a mostly an oldies guy with old country thrown it, but I like a lot of the late 60's songs. For last week or so a Ricky Nelson's greatest hits CD has been in my truck. It's pretty cool.

Deebz. Old Crow Medicine Show was great. I'll have to listen to more of their songs.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:38 am

rthomas: I can't STAND the country stations on the radio these days...you get maybe 1 or 2 actual country songs out of 10... The new stuff is nothing more than POP! I get that the kids these days are into it, but it sure as crap ain't country!

Ohio: Glad you liked it! To go with my above statement, the country stations don't play their stuff, they just play the pop version cover of Wagon Wheel... I created an OCMS station on Pandora, which has really increased my enjoyment of "old timey" bluegrass style. The cool part is that a lot of the new bands are actually pretty young people.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Luckily we have a station outside of Savannah that usually plays older stuff most of the day, then the new stuff at night; which is cool since I seldom listen to the radio at night unless I'm on the road.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Tue May 13, 2014 12:58 pm

The Best of Chris LeDoux
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue May 13, 2014 8:31 pm

Big Horse wrote:The Best of Chris LeDoux

Hell yeah......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddIkaiJpuRQ
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

vittorioflaviano

Postby vittorioflaviano » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:37 pm

I am in my truck as well, hearing Garth Brooks :D

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Can't stand buying an album when I only like 2 or 3 songs of an artist on it, so I make my own CD's. This way I put all the ones I care to listen to on it. I have all kinds, country, fast dance, love songs, and oldies. Then, whatever I'm in the mood for, I play. I have masters of each CD and can run off copies for friends. They all seem to like my picks.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Return to Off Topic