Softball Leagues

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Demoderby4

Softball Leagues

Postby Demoderby4 » Sat May 09, 2009 6:48 am

I know a few of you guys have mentioned softball leagues in previous posts, but just wondering how many of you are in em and how the season is going so far if it has started? Our first game is tomorrow evening, im pretty excited! I only played in 3 of 10 games last fall because of work, but i got all sundays off for the spring season so i'll hopefully have a full season to play! Good luck to all o you in em!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

tnt1960

RE: Softball Leagues

Postby tnt1960 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:24 am

I gave up on softball a few years back. I`m getting too old. My body doesn`t heal as quickly as it used to.  lol
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Yeah im pretty sore after i play too [:@] its a lot of fun tho! We won 16-1 today, mercy rule lol, i wish i could say i had some part in it but not really lol, went 1-1 (didnt start) and got the last out at home plate, so that was pretty cool, it was fun and my hit actually wasn't a grounder so that was nice lol, cant wait for next week!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon May 11, 2009 3:38 am

I coach and play for my church softball team.  We start tonight.

We won our division last year for the first time in 15 years, so expectations are high.

My son is the batboy.

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:50 am

Thats cool Patriot, I would like to coach a team someday, i bet you and your son have a lot fun with that! Congrats on the divisional win last year, the team im on won ours in 2006, (i didnt play then lol) but i hope we can win it again this year!!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon May 11, 2009 6:57 am

Thanks.  Softball and deer hunting are by far my two biggest hobbies.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 am

Being that I used to play college baseball and got hurt, softball is the next best thing to keep me going!  Right now I play two nights a week...I used to play five.  Since moving last summer though I need to make more connections to get on a couple more teams.  Our one team starts this Wednesday, and our other team has been playing two weeks now and we are 3-1.
QDM!

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Mon May 11, 2009 9:42 am

Congrats to all of you with winning teams. I coach 2 teams from my church, but I think we are the batting practice team for everyone. We have ended up 5-5 for the past 2 years. One week we can't do anything wrong and the next we can't do anything right. I like to think I've improved them a little though, since they went 0-10 for 2 years in a row before I started coaching[:D]. Sure wish my team was as young looking as yours Patriot. I've got guys from 17 to 60 on my teams. We sure have alot of fun playing. And our saying is " We do not stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing". I sure wish I didn't hurt so much the next day though!! Good luck and stay safe.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon May 11, 2009 10:33 am

Our season opens tonight, but we are missing 3 of our top players.  Hopefully we can pull it out.

Our "stock" has risen each year as shown by our records below.  I'm a little obsessed about stats.

4-10 (2003....was my first year playing)
7-7
7-6 (first year coaching...and playing)
9-6
8-6
11-3

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:48 pm

Thats awesome you played college ball buckhunter. I wish i would of stayed on track with baseball i was pretty good up until high school and then lost interest for a bit [:(] 5 times a week would be a lot of fun, we only play on sundays [:(] lol. Were the same way rweyman one week were flawless than one week were shaky lol! Most weeks were better than worse so that helps lol! Good luck this year im sure your coaching will help you guys improve [;)] I'm a stat freak too Patriot lol! I keep track of my avg, runs, rbi's, and our record. Last fall we were 8-2 (no playoffs for some reason?) This year so far were 1-0!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Next

Return to Off Topic