Softball Leagues

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Patriot

RE: Softball Leagues

Postby Patriot » Tue May 12, 2009 5:24 am

Well, we won our first game of the season last night (26-9).  We were missing 3 of our top players, but ended up on top.  I was fortunate to put one over the fence (no...buckhunter21....we were not on a little league field).[:D]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:34 am

Not a little league field 'eh...Must have been a grade-school fast pitch field then?!  LOL  PS  I thought you hit two out? 
QDM!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Congrats on the win! I want to put one over the fence this year, well sometime lol! That would be awesome!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Wed May 13, 2009 2:14 am

Looks like were going back to our old ways. I had to many guys sign up for 1 team this year, so I started a second team. My Monday night team got hammered this week 18-6 and fell to 0-3 for the season. And last night my Tuesday team got handed a real smack down 20-5 in 4 innings, and fell to 0-2 for the season. We looked good last week, but both teams lost in the bottom of the 7th by 2 runs. I don't know were the fielding and the bats went this week? Congrats on everyone elses wins. Looks like I my need to recruit some players from you'll, to show us how to play again. Good luck and swing for the fences.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed May 13, 2009 7:46 am

It can only get better rweyman, hang in there. You guys will turn it around! As long as you guys have fun while your out there thats all that matters, no matter what anyone else says. Some guys here take it way too seriously, not many on our team, but other teams, it ridiculous at times lol!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Thu May 14, 2009 2:22 am

It's all about having fun, because if it were serious we wouldn't have many happy campers playing for us. I make sure everyone plays whether they can play or not. If they signed up and paid their fee, they will play on my team. Thats why I started a second team this year, to make sure everyone gets their playing time. We love to play and have fun, and if we win its just a plus. It's all about the fellowship and staying active as we get older. It's all fun, thats for sure!!! Thanks Demoderby4 

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu May 14, 2009 4:10 pm

I don't play in a league, but I coach my daughters team.  It's coach pitch and our first game is Wednesday.  The team is the Cheetahs and the colors are Neon Pink and black.  So you guessed it, I'll be out there in my neon pink Cheetahs shirt, I tried to talkem into letting me wear black, but they weren't having it.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri May 15, 2009 7:31 am

Sure you'll look pretty in pink!!!!  [:D]
QDM!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri May 15, 2009 8:50 am

ORIGINAL: buckhunter21

Not a little league field 'eh...Must have been a grade-school fast pitch field then?!  LOL  PS  I thought you hit two out? 

One was over the fence and the other was in the park (grand slam).  Both in the same inning.  Never done that before.  It was pretty cool.....especially cuz I'm not known for my speed.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri May 15, 2009 2:43 pm

ORIGINAL: OHhunter

I don't play in a league, but I coach my daughters team.  It's coach pitch and our first game is Wednesday.  The team is the Cheetahs and the colors are Neon Pink and black.  So you guessed it, I'll be out there in my neon pink Cheetahs shirt, I tried to talkem into letting me wear black, but they weren't having it.

Yeah we don't have our new jerseys yet but apparently they are "electric pink"... that should be interesting...
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic