Tresspasser, caught on trail cam

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
HiddenHornsRanch

RE: Tresspasser, caught on trail cam

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:41 pm

Weird, the guy plainly walked in front of your camera, without seemingly caring that his picture was being snapped. Thats brave, but as they said before he is most likely up to no good. And agree the camera is not worth loosing. Just be careful when you do go back to hunt or anything, never know when he maybe around again...
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:58 pm

According to the time stamps on the pics , he walked in at 5:46 , out at 5:48 and the deer was filmed at 6:58 . All pics were on the same dat 8/26/09 . The guy wasn't there very long . ???
Semper Fi !

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:22 pm

if you look at the way his hand is on his face it almost looks like he is trying to cover his face. Like he planned to walk by covering his face?

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:02 pm

I don't think he was aware of the camera. It does'nt do a whole lot of good to speculate. You'll never know why he was there until you find out who it is.Take your concerns to the police and ask your neighbors if they recognize him. Maybe he just moved into the area. Don't overreact but be cautious! Maybe hide a camera by the entrance in case he comes back in a vehicle?
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:20 am

Shadow ...he's not a small guy you be careful...reason I mentioned a pot plot is thats what they do out here....find a piece of property that has thick cover and grow on other ppls land...when I worked in Naples high school the kids said theyed look for places with sumac brush....that the plants gave off similar heat signatures....they start the grid helicoptor fly overs in our hills around this time looking for mature plants...one guy a half mile from here acually buried a tanker under clay for his operation...his kid turned him in...go to the police .....safe than sorry

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:29 am

Shadow ...he's not a small guy you be careful...reason I mentioned a pot plot is thats what they do out here....find a piece of property that has thick cover and grow on other ppls land...

+1

Happened on the land directly across the street from my family farm.  The neighbor discovered nearly $5000 worth of plants growing in a small plot.  Cops came and destroyed the cache.  We're much more vigilant now.

FWIW, I think your taking the right steps by talking to the police and posting the image.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:07 am

I agree with DoeEyed I don't think he was aware of the camera. I thought maybe he was getting sweat off his face (his back is sweaty) or perhaps he looks lost? Are you sure theres no way you could accidently walk on there perhaps in a panic if you were lost? I would def. go to the police like mentioned above and see if anyone knows him.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:34 am

2 minutes is a short time to go in and turn around. I would walk that trail for about a 45 seconds to a minute and look around at where you are and what's in the area where he would have stopped and turned around to walk back. It's almost like he was checking on something or he was just plain lost and entered the property from another area and found the trail hoping it would lead him out of there. Regardless letting the police and neighbors know about it is the right thing to do, better safe than sorry. Good luck, let us know if you find out who it was and why they were there. Be careful, carrying a weapon is definitely a good idea until you find out who this was.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 am

I would also agree with DoeEyed, he's not dressed appropriately to do any kind of scouting..he's got sneakers and a short sleeve shirt...not exactly what I would be wearing into the woods if I was scouting but speculating won't help either.  I would continue to ask around, and post his pic on your gate post.  Re-postion the cameras so they are out of reach and watch over the gate.

shadow

Postby shadow » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks for the safety concerns... Before I go to the police tommorow, I didn't go today, I am following up on one more possibility. The power company comes in once per year to spray vegetation they feel is growing wildly and would get in the way of their poles or lines. They always do this in spring and have already been through there.. and they always use a UTV and have their safety equipment, helmets, gloves, goggles.  I don't think this guy is from the power company but I emailed his picture to the vegetation manager to see if it was. I'll know early on Tuesday.
I did go back out and remove that camera and also got my SD cards from another 2 cameras I have and am now looking through those pictures(over 300) I hope I don't see him again on those cards.
There is alot of land out there, surprising for central connecticut.  I only have 13 acres but have access to all surrounding land. No-one at this time..(that I'm aware of) hunts any of it. I'm guesing a total of about 600 plus acres, all forested and connected.
So as far as coming in from another area it still would be difficult. All of my property is bordered by very thick brush and thickets. There are no trails coming in onto my land from any other property. The only way in now is from the gate entrance. I had problems in the past with a couple neighbors and their atv's but a visit from me.. (they denied it was them even though the son of this guy walks up to us and told his dad in front of me that someone blocked of the trail again). So I got the police there and have had no problems with them in well over one year. And now every thing is blocked and grown in.
He could I guess have just been wandering around, but I do not think lost. This is central conn., and unless he has a medical condition of some kind a 10-15 min walk almost in any direction out there would take him to a road. So who knows? I want to also post his picture on a local bowunting website, (bowsite) state forum, but the guys there don't think its wise, they feel I can get in trouble for posting his pic on the internet. I don't think that is true do you?? I would love to post his picture there, being in Ct. someone on that forum may know him.

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=171276&MESSAGES=17&state=CT

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic