Gigging

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Sailfish

Gigging

Postby Sailfish » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Did some frog gigging friday night.
Had a great time, saw lots of lizards too.
Did pretty good, looking for the next trip.
Sorry no "during" pics, but here is the post pic.........
ready to be eaten

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Ohio farms

Re: Gigging

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Looks great. Frog legs are one of my favorites.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:01 pm

I've had them only once before, and I was not impressed. It was in an Italian restaurant, and looked much different than those.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:42 am

I love 'em battered and fried, but will eat 'em sauteed, broiled, or baked. One of the local Chinese restaurants has 'em on their buffet on Sundays, along with crawdad, and boiled shrimp.

BTW, my dad used to shoot 'em with a .22, instead of gigging 'em. I've seen the guys on Swamp People and Duck Dynasty, just grab 'em with their hands; of course that's on TV.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 am

rthomas4 wrote:I love 'em battered and fried, but will eat 'em sauteed, broiled, or baked. One of the local Chinese restaurants has 'em on their buffet on Sundays, along with crawdad, and boiled shrimp.

BTW, my dad used to shoot 'em with a .22, instead of gigging 'em. I've seen the guys on Swamp People and Duck Dynasty, just grab 'em with their hands; of course that's on TV.

Yeah fried....Mmmm Image
If you can keep a shadow from crossing the light you shine on their eyes...........u can often get them right next to the boat and grab them(be sure not to grab the ones with RED eyes). Gigging is fun though, kind of a challenge specially on the ones you can't get close to. All in sport
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Return to Off Topic