Need Help Finding a Childhood Song

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
montaguek

Need Help Finding a Childhood Song

Postby montaguek » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to find a song from my childhood to use for the mother/son dance. My mom bought a copy of the song at a RMEF Elk Camp convention in Portland, OR, back in either 1998 or 2005 (we're not sure which). We have since lost the cassette and I can't find anything online. I've also been in contact with the RMEF and several artists that were at the convention, but so far nobody has been able to find the song. So as a last ditch effort I'm reaching out on several forums to see if anybody might be able to help.

The chorus of the song goes something like "Somewhere west of the river where the mountains touch the sky, where the eagle makes her journey, and the old elk makes his cry". Unfortunately, this is the only part of the song I can remember, so my hopes are not terribly high at this point.

If recognizes the lyrics, or has any ideas on another place to look, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,
Kyson

Woods Walker

Re: Need Help Finding a Childhood Song

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:16 pm

If you do find it please let us know and if you can provide a link. It sounds like a really good song!

Good luck......
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Big Horse

Re: Need Help Finding a Childhood Song

Postby Big Horse » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:21 pm

You might try reaching out to Dave Watson at Mathews TV http://mathewstv.com/index.asp?pageID=f ... ryID=11201 or Wayne Carlton http://waynecarlton.com/store/ as they wrote and sang "Last Stand in the Rockies" the official song of the RMEF featured on an album they produced called "On the Wild Side". I'm not sure if they did the song your looking for, but they were extensively involved with RMEF and may know of it.

Good Luck
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

Return to Off Topic