Vegetable garden

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Ohio farms

Vegetable garden

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:28 pm

DSCN1484.jpg
DSCN1484.jpg (117.27 KiB) Viewed 653 times
Since things are pretty slow here this time of year, I thought I would share a picture of my vegetable garden. I've got peppers, eggplants, beans, peas, onions, potatoes, lettuce, sugar snap peas, edamame, and lots of herbs. The high fence keeps the deer at bay. I have a deal with them...They eats some of my veggies and I eat some of them.
Anyone else have a garden?
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Sailfish

Re: Vegetable garden

Postby Sailfish » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Nice garden!

I have bananas and pineapple
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 pm

I don't have any pictures, but we planted a bunch more this year than last year. I have a small patch at my house that we did radishes, green onions, carrots, peas, and a couple of tomatoes and various pepper plants. At my father-in-laws place I put out like 18 tomato plants, 9 pepper plants (bell and sweet), cucumbers of various types, butternut squash, summer squash, maybe some acorn or spaghetti squash also ( can't remember for sure), a couple watermelon and a couple cantaloupe. I also planted a row of potatoes that seem to be doing well, and like 3 rows of green beans that really sucked. I think only like 4 bean plants came up. Though the ones that came up are doing awesomely.

We even had a few volunteer squash plants come up from last year.

The only bad thing is that with all the rain I've had a terrible time keeping the weeds out. Hopefully it will dry up enough soon that I can use the tiller.

The plan is to grow as much stuff as we can to use as baby food for our daughter. I can't believe she's already 10 months old and eating real people food besides her formula.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Bad link Albert, but I suspect that you knew that.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Ackerman

Postby Ackerman » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:50 am

have a very unsuccessful veggie garden. I have a beautiful 3 way compost mix mixed with manure . I have planted my seedlings on time, many have taken (beetroot, onions, garlic, bok choy, watermelon radish & endive) however they are still minute in size. My lettuce & broccoli just won’t grow and something is completely eating my carrots everY.

Return to Off Topic