Vegetable garden

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Ohio farms

Vegetable garden

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:28 pm

DSCN1484.jpg
DSCN1484.jpg (117.27 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Since things are pretty slow here this time of year, I thought I would share a picture of my vegetable garden. I've got peppers, eggplants, beans, peas, onions, potatoes, lettuce, sugar snap peas, edamame, and lots of herbs. The high fence keeps the deer at bay. I have a deal with them...They eats some of my veggies and I eat some of them.
Anyone else have a garden?
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Sailfish

Re: Vegetable garden

Postby Sailfish » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Nice garden!

I have bananas and pineapple
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 pm

I don't have any pictures, but we planted a bunch more this year than last year. I have a small patch at my house that we did radishes, green onions, carrots, peas, and a couple of tomatoes and various pepper plants. At my father-in-laws place I put out like 18 tomato plants, 9 pepper plants (bell and sweet), cucumbers of various types, butternut squash, summer squash, maybe some acorn or spaghetti squash also ( can't remember for sure), a couple watermelon and a couple cantaloupe. I also planted a row of potatoes that seem to be doing well, and like 3 rows of green beans that really sucked. I think only like 4 bean plants came up. Though the ones that came up are doing awesomely.

We even had a few volunteer squash plants come up from last year.

The only bad thing is that with all the rain I've had a terrible time keeping the weeds out. Hopefully it will dry up enough soon that I can use the tiller.

The plan is to grow as much stuff as we can to use as baby food for our daughter. I can't believe she's already 10 months old and eating real people food besides her formula.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

albertwygant

Postby albertwygant » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:01 am

Wow nice garden.Over the years I've been growing veg, certain plants and varieties have emerged clearly as front runners in the time/reward ratio.see this. They are quick and easy to grow, so that with little or no gardening experience, they still do well and go on to form the basis of hundreds of free and delicious meals over the next few months with very little sweat. This exercise is not about growing every single edible plant you and your family eat.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Bad link Albert, but I suspect that you knew that.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Return to Off Topic