PETA is Getting Serious!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
8uck5nort

PETA is Getting Serious!

Postby 8uck5nort » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:35 am

PETA using Terrorist Tactics to Bring Attention to the Plight of Harmless Animals
Delphi, In. – source, HSS News - PETA in apparent desperation to bring attention to themselves and the just cause of defending innocent animals has taken a page from Al-Qaida and has employed the use of its first suicide bomber.
The attack occurred several hours before a presidential rally where it was expected a new anti-gun initiative was to be announced.
The only injuries were sustained by the rallies lead coordinator, Rusty Bunting. Rusty, who is recovering at a local hospital, claims at the time of attack he heard scratching sound coming from the main entrance doors. As he approached the front doors erupted in a ball of fire. Doctors who attended Rusty said he received some minor cuts and bruises and 1st degree burns to his face and hands.
An eye witness to the attack was the Town Halls lead custodian Stanley Steameyer. Stanley claims the alleged assailant was pawing at the doors, stopped and said "PETA akbar", and then set off the explosive vest.
PETA spokeswoman July Needaman contacted HSS network shortly after the attack to claim responsibility and gave the identity of the suicide bomber. She claims the bomber was recruited form a local homeless shelter. They insist they were letting the oppressed have a chance to fight the oppressors and they were under no circumstances exploiting the weak minded. PETA said the operation was to show that animals will not tolerate guns anymore than liberals and that they are bad, especially those who use guns such as those mean and nasty hunters. She was also quoted as saying "The campaigns where we bared all or brainwash your children for the common good of our furrier brothers and sisters are over. From now on it is a war".
HSS news has confirmed the identity and obtained picture of the alleged bomber.

Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

burnnurse1

RE: PETA is Getting Serious!

Postby burnnurse1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:49 am

Man, you sure had me goin for a minute. I was reading that and thinking "these people are insane".

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:57 am

I guess I'm being overly sensitive today, but it just kind of strikes the wrong chord with me, given the number of American servicemen and women who have been killed by suicide bombers.

Sorry.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

I guess I'm being overly sensitive today, but it just kind of strikes the wrong chord with me, given the number of American servicemen and women who have been killed by suicide bombers.

Sorry.

I apologize to anyone who takes this the wrong way.

It is no way intended to make light of any of our servicemen and women, or the seriousness of the very real threat of suicide bombings they face on a day to day basis.

It is just a parody on people and organizations who take things to the extreme.

Just for the record I served our country and am a veteran of the first gulf war. Navy. Spent a good deal of time walking guard duty on deck of ship with an M14 and flack jacket on in 110 degree heat while we moored in ports througout the Middle East.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Return to Off Topic