Well we'll just see....

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
msbadger

Well we'll just see....

Postby msbadger » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:10 am

Holy cow ! Other than today..20%...they are showing clear skys for the rest of the week and low 80's...can it be so??? Did summer finally decide to make an appearance? Will all those green tomatos actually have some turn red?....aaahhh just to dream the weather guys to be right....[;)]

OHhunter

RE: Well we'll just see....

Postby OHhunter » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:39 am

They might be right we just had our first 90 degree day since sometime in June.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:15 am

Ya right!...down in woods working on the chicken coop run...and I hear boom....look up and there is on small area of blue being engulfed by steel grey from the west and the east.....made it back in time to close the windows before the floors were totally soaked!!.....Just love running for the house with all the hair on my arms standing on end....if electrical storms clean the air.....we are living CLEAN.......

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:55 am

About time the warm weather pays the northern half of the country a visit! We've been cooking down here in NW Florida! Bad storms here today too, the power has gone out or flickered about 5 or 6 times at work today from lightning strikes close by! I can't wait for the cooler weather to arrive!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Please give me a break...yesterday 20% chance of rain and clear all week....now today 20% chance of rain....we know about the hour down pour yesterday.....and clear rest of week...they just get my hopes up and then dash em again...[&o]

Anyone see the star shower?....went out at 4am and saw one streak...but the skys were beautiful all the same....[:)]

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:53 pm

ORIGINAL: msbadger

Please give me a break...yesterday 20% chance of rain and clear all week....now today 20% chance of rain....we know about the hour down pour yesterday.....and clear rest of week...they just get my hopes up and then dash em again...[&o]

Anyone see the star shower?....went out at 4am and saw one streak...but the skys were beautiful all the same....[:)]

I hear ya msbadger the rain we have been getting in NY is ridiculous. The last few days it has not rained my corn has grrrrrown! One farmer was saying his haying was like 2 months behind while the neighbor where I hunt told my uncle 1 out of every 2 bails he hayed was bad since we have been getting these thunderstorms out of no where.

How are things growing in your neck of the woods?
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:50 am

It's just crazy....the crop farmer south of us looks to be having a banner year....never had to get out any of his irrigation equipment this year...peas were great his alfalfa...beans...and corn are big and green...the red clover looks to have a little less vigor...may have gotten the same type of fugus as mine..? Go east of him and it looks like they were in a drought...the plants are yellowing and much smaller...talked to our cousin who's a large dairy farmer south east of us...he said it's the plants drowning from too much moisture....The woods looks like a jungle...but I just told Mr.B that some of the plants ..like the big elderberry bushes are yellowing as well as the bramble....I lost a couple of plots to being washed out. I'm actually thinking of laying down a grass seed mixer just to stop erosion...Oh and now out of know where we are over run by large patches of fern in the woods and moss popping up on the soil in the plots...mind you these are plots with good PH! which indicates the potassium and iron in my soil is being leached out...One more thing to spread next year...Oh well...lucked out yesterday the 5pm storm never showed....

Return to Off Topic