Safe way to store pistol

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
shadow

RE: Safe way to store pistol

Postby shadow » Mon May 25, 2009 2:40 pm

d.o.t.... Well I am glad that your state does not have the restrictions that some do. I know that before I was able to get a pistol permit 20 years ago, I not only had to take the NRA certification course...and pass, but also be fingerprinted, had a background check of myself by the Ct., State Police AS WELL as the F.B.I. AND needed to be "on good terms" with the local police chief, (in other words not one to cause trouble).  I also had to write a letter to the chief telling him why I wanted to have a permit which he could have denied right there.
If I remember correctly, it took over 2 weeks just for the F.B.I. background check to be completed.
The people in this state need to jump through hoops to get a permit which then needs to be reissued every 5 years.

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:18 am

That all sounds very over the top to me. Its sounds like you can only defend yourself and property if the government gives
you permission. I don't think that is what our forefathers had in mind. But hey, at least this isn't Europe. I thank God I was born in the USA.
May God Bless You As He Has Me

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:59 am

ORIGINAL: dadof3upatree

That all sounds very over the top to me. Its sounds like you can only defend yourself and property if the government gives
you permission. I don't think that is what our forefathers had in mind. But hey, at least this isn't Europe. I thank God I was born in the USA.

You're 100% correct, and many states/cities are in direct defiance of the Constitution on this, as the 2A, like the rest of them, is an inalienable right, which means it's a natural God given right which the government CANNOT deny.

There's going to be an upcoming SCOTUS case that will verify this very thing, and will be an addition to the recent HELLER decision of last year.

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shadow

Postby shadow » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:12 am

d.o.t.... your'e right. I don't have the right to protect myself or family here in Ct. There are people who are afraid to legally carry and defend themselves and to protect their homes/family because of the lawsuits they will be hit with if they should wound, hurt, or kill a criminal. It is ridiculous!

I can GUARANTEE that if a criminal were to break-in to my house and I shoot, stab, beat-up, or kill him, I will also be charged UNLESS it can be found that the criminal meant to actually harm me or my family. So if they were just out to rob me with no intentions of harming us and I kill or wound him or whatever, I'll be the one paying them or their family for the rest of my life.. or in jail.

So you must warn them, if they don't flee, ask again they may not have heard you the first time, if after there is no response the second time...don't shoot yet....he may be in the wrong house and could be just confused and want to have a sandwich, a drink and go to bed. Offer him that and only when he advances with the sandwich knife or takes out a gun that you can see, (but the gun has got to be real, if its not he can just say he was fooling around), can you take him down. Oh and call a lawyer befor the police. The criminals normally have more rights than we do. 

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Sure seems like a bassackward way to live, doesn't it! It is a sound reminder to us all to vote and voice our opinions every chance we get. It may not have a great affect on our lives at times but perhaps we are changing the lives of our children and their children.
I'm also, sure, most of us pray we are never faced with a life or death decision of protecting ourselves or family,but few of us would hesitate to fight for our family, property, or ourselves. Kindof makes ya wanna go back to the old west doesn't it.

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Lots of good advise here. The one thing I would add, is if you find yourself holding a gun with an intruder in the house, make sure it isn't your drunk brother-in-law (or someone else you dont want to kill) before you start flinging lead.

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:39 pm

Very true Robert. Problem with your in-law?LOL

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:06 am

Not any more!!! [;)]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:08 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

Not any more!!! [;)]

Hope your kidding woods...
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

Nighthawk

Postby Nighthawk » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:33 pm

I totally agree with PrairieShadow in regards to the passing of knowledge to children as soon as able. I myself have two young boys, so I have a keypad entry stack-on safe, which to the disbelief of a certain friend of mine, I could get to in time to defend my family. Both of my pistols are loaded, unlocked and ready to go. I also believe in NOT having a semi-auto chambered. What does it take .01 second to chamber a round anyhow? I think it's weird that in some way we gun-owners in a way want to encounter a situation in which we might test our guts and marksmanship! There was a fellow that replied that he would give warning to an intruder, I myself would not. Why should I suffer any consequence of someone else's stupidity or criminal behavior? I wouldn't take the chance of him beating me to the punch. Thanks to the Castle Doctrine. I myself also have a carry-permit and learned quite a bit from an NRA certified instructor. Never cock, or load your weapon while there is an intruder in your home! don't give up your location. I suppose if I was single It MIGHT be a different story, but until then, ask questions last!

SHOOTING TIP OF THE DAY: Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!

Shoot on!

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic