Non-resident poll

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
wiracer24

Non-resident poll

Postby wiracer24 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:47 pm

The poll that was posted was very interesting, however I thought 1 option was left off. For those people who have boughten land out of state and pay taxes. I voted that the rates were too high. As you guessed I have 40 acres out of state and get no relief. I understand that only the tax payer should get credit, but when you pay taxes you should get the benefit.

JPH

RE: Non-resident poll

Postby JPH » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:47 am

^ I could not agree more!!!

By the way, I was unable to cast my vote in that poll. Some sort of computer glitch or hanging chad issue.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 am

out of state and pay taxes. I voted that the rates were too high. As you guessed I have 40 acres out of state and get no relief. I understand that only the tax payer should get credit, but when you pay taxes you should get the benefit.

I'm having a back and forth conversation with Missouri on that very topic. 
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:51 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

out of state and pay taxes. I voted that the rates were too high. As you guessed I have 40 acres out of state and get no relief. I understand that only the tax payer should get credit, but when you pay taxes you should get the benefit.

I'm having a back and forth conversation with Missouri on that very topic. 

Randy, let me know if there is any way I can contribute to the fight.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:09 am

I will do that.  Hope to post some stuff on the Missouri forum of the site soon.  
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Return to Off Topic