Fishing

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kribbz

Fishing

Postby kribbz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:17 am

Anybody do any fishing this year?  it's been really rainy here so far so I haven't gotten out yet.  This weekend looks like it could be the first time for me. 

John1961

RE: Fishing

Postby John1961 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:42 am

Not yet, but we have reservations for camping week after next. I have the camper ready, I bought a few rolls of new line and Im ready to start restringing the rods and reals. I cant wait to start cooking our catch on the open fire and with a few cold one should make for a nice evening. Cats and bass are my favorite but I would never toss a good blue gill or crappy back. 
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:09 pm

I got the boat out with the family the other day, but didn't wet a line.

The kingfish are THICK, and grouper season recently opened and they are chewing good!! They changed the opening season on red snapper (june now) so until just in the last few weeks it wasn't worth the price of fuel to run offshore.

Thats about to change [;)]
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:15 pm

WI fishing opener is almost upon us...I'm a huge musky fisherman so that doesn't open until late May but I'll be out wetting a line before that!  Anyone else musky fish on here?
QDM!

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:44 am

I'll be taking my 9yr old tomorrow.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:59 am

buckhunter21
I grew up in Wisconsin. I used to fish musky in the Boulder Junction area a lot. When I moved to Ohio, I lived in Mansfield. Mansfield's water source is Clear Fork Resevoir. Say that name to a musky fisherman in Ohio and you'll get a response. So now I live in Rochester, Indiana. Turn left at the end of my driveway and go about 5 and 1/4 miles and you run into Bruce Lake. Took my son fishing there last July when he was home on leave from Iraq. He was fishing a plastic worm on a spinning rod with 6 pound test and caught....a musky. Size limit here in IN is 36 inches and this one measured 35 and 3/8 so back he went after pictures. Now I know where to launch my new Lowe Stinger this year.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:08 am

Beautiful musky!  I started out musky hunting about 14 years ago hard-core and can't get enough of it.  I compare it to hunting those big burly bucks...When we do catch one, we make sure we have all our gear ready, take a quick pic, and then it's back in the water.  We release everything!
QDM!

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:36 am

Just got back from a week at the lake house up on Lake James in Stueben County. It was way too much boat traffic on Saturday and Sunday and it was windy and rainy the rest of the week. Still beats stayin home and cuttin' the grass. Had three of the wife's sisters and their husbands there and another couple from Michigan. I think we may have set the beer drinking and card playing record for a single week in northern Indiana. I did manage to sneak up on a couple of bass in between rain showers. The one in the picture was 22 and 1/8 long and fell for a jointed topwater plug.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:37 am

edited by Wanderer

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:48 am

Third time's a charm???????

Next

Return to Off Topic