How's the weather....

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
msbadger

How's the weather....

Postby msbadger » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:49 am

How has the weather been out there for everyone this year...and what do you think the fall will bring.....Based on what I see during the summer I try to predict what fall and winter will bring just for fun....ie... say we have a very wet summer than I usually will go for a not as cold winter but deep snows type of thing
Yesterday was a doosy...storms rolled thru and power went out from 6-11pm...then more storms rolled thru and for an hour or so the lightening and thunder shook the walls and raddled the windows waking us up...still raining lightly
it's been a warm early spring ...cooler late spring and well summer just started and it's been a warm wet time so far....Whats happening in your neck of the woods?

69Viking

RE: How's the weather....

Postby 69Viking » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:33 am

The spring was cool and wet and then June came which has been dry and extremely hot even for FL Panhandle standards! For almost two weeks we had daily highs of 98-100 with heat indexes hovering around 110, that's rare for June. Kind of scary when the two hottest months of July and August are still to come. Other than that we're just keeping an eye on the tropics. There's an area of disturbed weather in the Caribbean that could spell trouble for July 4th weekend, we'll just have to wait and see. Send some of that rain down this way MSBadger, the food plots need it!

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:31 am

ORIGINAL: 69Viking

Send some of that rain down this way

We are getting HAMMERED today.

My cabinet finisher had to cancel today because of it.
All he had to do was install the under cab lighting, and light rail.....done.

But noooooo, we have 10 days of no rain, hot boiling sunny weather, but today it wants to rain [:@]
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 am

ORIGINAL: Sailfish

ORIGINAL: 69Viking

Send some of that rain down this way

We are getting HAMMERED today.

My cabinet finisher had to cancel today because of it.
All he had to do was install the under cab lighting, and light rail.....done.

But noooooo, we have 10 days of no rain, hot boiling sunny weather, but today it wants to rain [:@]

Sailfish that won't be nothing if that Invest 93L in the Caribbean decides to develop into a tropical storm or a hurricane and heads your way! I know I'll be keeping a close eye on it here in the Panhandle!

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:32 am

We had a brutal storm is Western PA last week. We got over three inches of rain in less than three hours (most of it in about 45 minutes). Most of the neighbors got a foot or more of water in their basements. But thanks to a generator and a septic pump, both recently purchased for other reasons, I was able to keep my basement from flooding. Despite my french drains being overwhelmed and the power being out, I managed to keep the floor more or less dry. Nothing was damaged and by the next day, the floor was dry again. Few in my area fared so well. It was the hardest rain I've seen in five years of living here.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:55 pm

It's like the movie groundhog day here, Hot and Humid until around 4 when the rain and thunderstorms move in, cools down to the low to mid 60's overnight then we get up and live it all over again in the morning.  On the up side the flowers in the yard are doing great, as is the dove fields and food plots.  The mowing every other day sucks!
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:30 pm

The weather is way to stinking hottttttttttttttt. High 80's low 90's and it doesnt cool off much at night....I just looked at the weather site a few hrs ago and it still said 81 and I am in Wisconsin what gives.....It is about 60 degrees to hot for me...... Bring on November, bring on the snow.....

passin through

Postby passin through » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Hot and Dry here.... Mothers day we couldn't travel for storms, high water and flooding.  Father day rolls around and you can sneeze and blow half the country away.  Temps have been in 97-98 for a couple weeks and heat index = 100 plus...its 11pm here and still 80 degrees outside.  Hot and dry followed by more dry and hot is forcast
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Hot and dry. We could use some rain. The temps look like they're goin to be a little lower next week thank goodness.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:11 am

we ended up with just  over 4" of rain in 24 hours.

It relieved the temps too.

It was 89 degrees one morning.........at 7:40 a.m.!!!!

This morning it is much "cooler"

Like Viking said though, we have a lil storm to our south that's a brewin'
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Next

Return to Off Topic