what a week

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
msbadger

what a week

Postby msbadger » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:53 am

Well...it's been doosy....tiller had trany replaced(warrenty) ...I go to use it and a bolt is missingit's nut...OK ...theses guys were good at pick up delivery and quick fixing so I'll fix it...take off wheel..cover put bolt where it needed /tighten nut...replace cover and tighten all nuts...running along next thing I know it's smoking like mad![:o]...come to find out one of other bolts I tightened...Mr.B. taught me well...was suppose to have a spacer bar as well but did'nt...[8|]...Smoke.... fly wheel burning a groove thru the belt cover[&o]...refixed and shes runningbut cover has paint burnt and slice in it....Ear muffs worked well
 Noticed car had a tranny leak off shop...hose leek....pick it up and next thing I know ...in the middle of no where...shes loosing power and blue smoke coming out of tail pipe...hey wheres my cell?...on the kitchen counter..[:(]..need to get close to some one...sokeep going now theres a not so nice noise[&:].and I get to a house...just in time....tow Mr.B and car home...the hose replacement...It blew out on one of the steep hills I had to go up....it'.s on ramps in drive and machanic did'nt know what to say [8|]...Mr. B. is patching on a new hose and putting tranny fluid in and driving her back to him
 6mos ago I bought a new sears sewing machine....my 25yr old one finally died...used it 3x's...took it out the other day to darn some work socks and the shuttle is'nt working right...under warrenty
 The frigidare repair man just called me...he's on his way because  We woke up to a working freezer but warm milk in the frig....at least half of it's working[>:]....so that was how my weeks been...but heres the topper...OK as women get older we...well get dark hair on our faces...and dark hair women ...it's noticable ...so I decide that 51 one is old enough to be a little vain...I get hair remover....first test fine ...then used it fine...well this morning I used it again......and I will be greeting the frigidare repair man with....a red foo man chooo....God has a mighty big scence of humor he does.....Hope you all have a good week end....Badger

dadof3upatree

RE: what a week

Postby dadof3upatree » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:40 am

I feel for you. I'm having that kind of month. My topper was breaking my ankle and foot last week. Doing what, you might ask? Plugging in an electric cord! Don't ask how cuz I'm not sure. It has been said of me, in the past, and I quote-
"When life deals people lemons, most make lemonade, you, (as in me), however, squeeze them into your eyes"! Keep your chin up, life will turn good again.
May God Bless You As He Has Me

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:13 am

Dadof3...sorry to here about the ankle and foot...been there done that...actually slipping on wet area from deer pee....of all things...lol....best to break not sprain.....more fixable...

These things do'nt get to me very much...Geezz it's almost routine ....when it piles up like this we just make jokes about it and laugh...at least this time its machines....last big cluster we had Mr.B....our son and daughter and I all ended up breaking and crushing various parts of our selves over a 6 month period...We can laugh about that now..then not so much...but the ppl that know us and the Dr.s and hospital found it some what amusing if not out and out bizzar....Someone once told me do'nt complain ...so many have it worse than you...I was in high school then and it's been my saving grace...by the way the frig was an easy ..not to expensive fix...well if it cools down like it should[;)]...while he fixed it ...I callled the sears hot line and they talked me thru the sewing machine fix.....and well...so I have a red foo manchoo...it made Mr.B.'s day when he saw it....snot..[&o]....lol...I do'nt have any place to go this week end...........

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:29 am

I've always heard that without hardtimes and rough seas we wouldn't appreciate goodtimes and calm waters. I wonder about that when it comes to getting kids hunting and fishing. With the hunting programs, magazines, and etc. avaliable today, I wonder if kids are gonna think its never gonna be hard to have success. Then when they do, will they continue to persue it or just give up. I worry about that with my kids.
May God Bless You As He Has Me

Return to Off Topic