HOW DO YOU SCORE THIS ?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
coach

HOW DO YOU SCORE THIS ?

Postby coach » Tue May 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Quick question........How would you score a split G2 rack.
I would count an extra point...that's fine.
But would do you count the circonference of the main beam between the split ?

I've posted the picture a few places....but a friend of mine just asked me....and frankly...I have no idea.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

buckhunter21

RE: HOW DO YOU SCORE THIS ?

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:15 pm

I believe you would score it like it's just another point, so you would count whatever is in-between the points.  I'm not an expert though. [:D]
QDM!

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed May 06, 2009 3:17 am

I do not know if this is correct according to B&C, but I would measure it as shown below.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed May 06, 2009 5:26 am

I would contact some one who is an offical scorer.You can do this by looking up online of people in your area. Or you could take it to bass proshops, they now have offical scores there.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed May 06, 2009 11:07 am

I would say that the split tine, the one JPH has in yellow, would be a deduction and you would not measure between the two for circumferance. Just a guess....
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed May 06, 2009 12:26 pm

What JPH shows seems logical!
QDM!

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed May 06, 2009 1:57 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

I do not know if this is correct according to B&C, but I would measure it as shown below.

Just to clarify, I would consider this to be a main frame 4 point with a kicker. So the point I numbered 1 would actually be the second point, after the brow tine. Then I would measure the next regular point and come back and measure the one I numbered 2 as an extra point. Circumference measurements would be taken at the base, after the brow tine, after the fork, and finally between the last regular point and the tip of the main beam. These measurements would be added to the length of the main beam for the gross total.

Again, I do not know if a B&C scorer would agree. I think common base tines have been controversial for them in the past. My basic philosophy's are, "nets are for fishing" and "when in doubt, count it".

Nice shed bu the way.

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed May 06, 2009 2:02 pm

It does seem logical but I think that is the same thing they ran into with the famous field and stream buck. I think the tines can not come from the same base it has to come off of the beam separate from others.....I could be wrong.....
From the picture I would guess you take your circ. measurements at the narrowest points between the base and g1, g1-g2, the abnormal point to the g3, and halfway between the g3 and end of main beam.

Sorry we must have been posting at the same time[:)]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Wed May 06, 2009 2:07 pm

I would say its a main frame 4 point rack with a kicker aswell.  And they way I understand it, you always take the greatest circumfrence..  I found a nice 8-pointer, skull and all, while turkey hunting a few weeks ago.  It has a 16" inside spread and alot of mass.  I rough scored it at 130.  Maybe I'll Take a pic and show ya'll.

May God Bless You As He Has Me

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu May 28, 2009 11:25 am

Check out this link on common base scoring, it may help.

http://www.buckmanager.com/2009/02/02/bc-scoring-measuring-common-base-points/
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Return to Off Topic