Patches, deer or other

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
mag30079

Patches, deer or other

Postby mag30079 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:31 pm

I've searching and searching for iron on or sew on wildlife patches, with no luck. I have a few company jackets and other stuff that is no good to me. I'd like to cover up the logo's.

Anyone know of a site or place. Back in the 80's and late 70's you could get them at any gas station. Now people just look at you wierd.

Thanks
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. "Fred Bear"

dadof3upatree

RE: Patches, deer or other

Postby dadof3upatree » Fri May 08, 2009 1:45 am

Mag,  I would guess you have already Goggled these things so my next step would be to post a "wanted ad" on Craigslist or similiar site.  Nexted I would contact my local conservation office.  I would just about bet they could either set you up or point you in the right direction.  Missouri's conservation dept. has several programs set up to stimilate hunting and fishing, some of which award you with patches.  Maybe you could even check with the boy scouts.  If all else fail, you could check your local Trophy Shop or shirt maker (like for kids baseball teams) and they could surely design something for you.  I guess it just depends on how much you want these patches.  Good luck with your search.
May God Bless You As He Has Me

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Fri May 08, 2009 6:48 am

Only place I've seen anything is on Sportsman's Guide. Don't know if these would work or not
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/trophy-deer-patches.aspx?a=88574e

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri May 08, 2009 6:10 pm

i must have 6 patches from the nahc life member club.i never joined or asked for them but they keep sending them your more than welcome to one.pm me your info
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Tue May 12, 2009 5:48 am

Thanks everyone
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. "Fred Bear"

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Tue May 12, 2009 5:56 am

http://www.butlerpatches.com/iron_on.php?code=content-Iron-On&gclid=CK2j1ICUt5oCFQITswodZQ9NcA

This was the add scrolling at the top when i read the post.  As Earl would say "must be karma!"

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue May 12, 2009 6:43 am

I would try Ebay... I was able to find the Stump Sitters patch on there..Best believe I snagged that one up
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

John1961

Postby John1961 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:48 am

This might sound silly but I have started adding wild life patched to my hunting vest starting with THE AMERICAN FLAG. Ok not wilf live but thats how I started. Any way I have found a few cool one's at places like hobby lobby and Jo Anns fabric while following my wife around, trying to NOT TO SHOW THE DEER IN THE HEAD LIGHT LOOK.
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu May 14, 2009 2:20 am

ORIGINAL: mag30079

I've searching and searching for iron on or sew on wildlife patches, with no luck. I have a few company jackets and other stuff that is no good to me. I'd like to cover up the logo's.

Anyone know of a site or place. Back in the 80's and late 70's you could get them at any gas station. Now people just look at you wierd.

Thanks

I know a wildlife artist who is big into patches. He sells some on his website. Many, but not all, have to do with Pennsylvania. If I were looking for patches, this is where I'd go. Check out [url=http://www.wildernesseditions.com/index.asp?section=Patches. [/url]

Wildlife patches are a big collector's field because they're a form of inexpensive artwork, they make a nice, colorful display, and they cater to a big interest group. If you Google the subject, you should find plenty.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Thu May 14, 2009 4:23 pm

I bet You could find several different types of shirt and coat patches at local Gun Shows and NWTF Shows too.In Illinois you can get Deer Patches of different size Point Deers,like an 8-Point or 10-Point Buck Patch....if you go to any Car Shows you can get a Pontiac or GTO patch...I don't recomend getting a Ford patch cause they fall apart pretty easy and don't last as long.  [8|] [:D] [;)]  

Next

Return to Off Topic