Do Your Summer Games Show Your Obsession

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
rweyman

Do Your Summer Games Show Your Obsession

Postby rweyman » Wed May 06, 2009 8:47 am

Now that both deer and turkey seasons are about over. I was wandering if anyone else shows your passion for deer and tukey hunting in your backyard picnic or other summer games. I made my cornhole boards to show my deer hunting passion.

Goose

RE: Do Your Summer Games Show Your Obsession

Postby Goose » Wed May 06, 2009 10:37 am

You walk in to my garage and there is about 40 pictures of friends and family with dead stuff, my fire pit has a deer ring around it, park bench has deer in it, and a wind thingy has deer in it. Walk into my house and all doubt will be removed [:)]
Yeah I think people get the message[:D]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed May 06, 2009 12:33 pm

ORIGINAL: rweyman

Now that both deer and turkey seasons are about over. I was wandering if anyone else shows your passion for deer and tukey hunting in your backyard picnic or other summer games. I made my cornhole boards to show my deer hunting passion.

Very nice!  I have a bags game that I built and I still have to paint it and have thought of putting some deer on there! 
QDM!

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed May 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Sorry, forgot the Games part! None of my games have deer on them that I can think of but I do like yours! Did you paint that yourself?
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Wed May 06, 2009 3:59 pm

I built the boards, but I have to give the credit to my wife for the painting part. She paints the sky background with spray paint and I bought some enlarged truck window decals that she traced for the deer and hand paints them on the boards. Here is pic of a set we made with a turkey, also.

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu May 07, 2009 10:10 am

Very sharp!
Jake

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Fri May 08, 2009 1:57 am

Deer and Turkey season may be over but, that just means I move on to my other outdoor stuff.
Taking the kids fishing, squirrel hunting, or preparing stand sites for next season.  I even take myself fishing some! LOL.  Very interesting the different names for things "Cornhole Boards".  They are very nice.  Just a variation of washer boards it looks like.  I never saw them before.  I don't really advertise my passion for the outdoors much.  I guess I keep it to myself, my family, and the Lord.  The more people I recruit to deer hunt the less land I have to hunt!!!!LOL
May God Bless You As He Has Me

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri May 08, 2009 10:05 am

Wow.  Those are very cool.

Goose, I have the deer fire ring for the bonfire as well.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Return to Off Topic