WHY?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
dadof3upatree

WHY?

Postby dadof3upatree » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:49 pm

Why did my first wife cheat?
Why is it I can't kill a bird this spring?
Why does my 2 year old have to test me?
Why can't I get my toilet to stop running all the time?
Why do I have 3 black labs and a wienner dog IN MY HOUSE?
Why does my wife love to hunt with me but make me keep my mounts downstairs?
Why did that 2" sapling jump in front of my arrow this past fall right in front of that doe?
Why is my 5 year old son a better shot than I was at 18?
Why can't I get the kids on my daughters baseball team I coach to CATCH THE BALL?
Why can't I find my keys?
Why did the largest buck I've ever seen in the woods have to come in 5 minutes after I could no longer see the pins on my bow?
Why did Bob, my old friend and farm owners land I hunted have to die at 55?
Why did I wake up at 2am this morning and not go back to sleep?
Why did that hunter have to top the hill last weekend when I finally got a gobbler to 40 yards, sending the bird flying away?
Why can't I find a best friend with lots of hunting land?  Will you be my best friend?
Why, when I'm at home, I can't wait to go hunting, just to miss my wife and kids so much when I get there?
Why is it no one is picking the Cardinals baseball teams to have a winning team this year?
Why did I shoot at that buck 10 years ago, with that lever action 30-30, with the saftey on, and never actually shoot a round?
WHY DO BUCKS HAVE TO HAVE NOSE'S?
WHY?WHY?WHY?
May God Bless You As He Has Me

Bowtechian

RE: WHY?

Postby Bowtechian » Fri May 01, 2009 12:57 am

From the latest Darryl Worley country song, "Sounds like life to me". We all seem to have alot of those same questions.

One that haunts me from this past season is, "why did the neighboring property owner have to look for his boundery stakes at 3:30 pm on a beautiful Saturday afternoon beside the known bedding area for 30 minutes, 30 yards from my position"?
Dave M.

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Fri May 01, 2009 1:29 am

ouch! That does stink!

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri May 01, 2009 3:39 am

My friend, the place you are right now, God circled on a map for you...that's why [;)]

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Fri May 01, 2009 4:16 am

dadof3upatree

Why is it no one is picking the Cardinals baseball teams to have a winning team this year?

I don't care that no one is picking them, it keeps them off the radar.  If other teams don't want to give them the respect they deserve they will continue to pound away and earn it the old fashion way.  GO CARDS!!!!!

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Fri May 01, 2009 8:29 am

God has Blessed the Broken Road that brought me here.  Rascal Flatts.  Amen brother

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Fri May 01, 2009 8:38 am

They won't be under the radar long if they keep play like this. GO CARDS!

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri May 01, 2009 12:53 pm

nice post[;)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

dewey

Postby dewey » Fri May 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Great post![:D]  I have a few others to think about.

Why is it that every lesson I learn have to be the hard way?
Why can't I learn lessons the easy way?
Why did I pass up a BIG 8 pointer last year on the first morning thinking that I was going to see a 9 pointer later that week?
Why can I not shoot worth a darn free handed but with a rest I am lethal?

Not quite as in depth as dadof3upatree but he had so many good questions.
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Sat May 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Why did my first wife cheat?  because there was a better person for you to marry...
Why is it I can't kill a bird this spring? because you are not in the right place at the right time or you are not a professional hunter
Why does my 2 year old have to test me? because he is trying to learn right from wrong
Why can't I get my toilet to stop running all the time? because you are not a plummer
Why do I have 3 black labs and a wienner dog IN MY HOUSE? because you like dogs
Why does my wife love to hunt with me but make me keep my mounts downstairs? because she thinks they are bambi
Why did that 2" sapling jump in front of my arrow this past fall right in front of that doe? because you didn't prepare enough for success
Why is my 5 year old son a better shot than I was at 18? because he has learned from your mistakes and your passion
Why can't I get the kids on my daughters baseball team I coach to CATCH THE BALL? because they have not had enough practice or are to young to have developed the skill
Why can't I find my keys? because you don't put them in the same place everyday
Why did the largest buck I've ever seen in the woods have to come in 5 minutes after I could no longer see the pins on my bow? because he is smarter than you and can tell time!!
Why did Bob, my old friend and farm owners land I hunted have to die at 55? because god would rather have him to hang out with than you!!
Why did I wake up at 2am this morning and not go back to sleep? because it is turkey season
Why did that hunter have to top the hill last weekend when I finally got a gobbler to 40 yards, sending the bird flying away? because he wanted to have a chance to kill the bird
Why can't I find a best friend with lots of hunting land? Will you be my best friend?because you are not a nice person...just kidding 
Why, when I'm at home, I can't wait to go hunting, just to miss my wife and kids so much when I get there? because you love them both
Why is it no one is picking the Cardinals baseball teams to have a winning team this year? because they are not very good
Why did I shoot at that buck 10 years ago, with that lever action 30-30, with the saftey on, and never actually shoot a round? because you were inexperienced
WHY DO BUCKS HAVE TO HAVE NOSE'S? because God wanted to make hunting more enjoyable
WHY?WHY?WHY?

Next

Return to Off Topic