Has anyone camped this year?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
John1961

Has anyone camped this year?

Postby John1961 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:59 am

I'm opening the camper today. Let it air out, install the battery, plug it in make sure everything works.. We have reservations the second weekend in May. Its the wife's birthday. Both son's and there family's going as well. I love to wake up ( at 5 am before fishing )  and say" I don't know if Grand Paw can cook breakfast on the camp fire by my self". The grand buddies come running. LOL  Any other campers out there? 
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

tnt1960

RE: Has anyone camped this year?

Postby tnt1960 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:15 am

We go camping, but our first time this year won`t be till June 14. We`ll be camping at Michigan National Speedway for the NASCAR races that weekend. It`s a lot of fun, but personally I would rather be set up beside a lake somewhere.
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

Woody

Postby Woody » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:54 am

Haven't had the camper out yet, but it wont be long. We always camp out for the first time every year the first weekend in may for the opening of trout fishing here in wisconsin. Cant wait [;)]
When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 ft. closer to God.

John1961

Postby John1961 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:49 am

Sounds great Woody good luck. We camp near Peru Indiana, Dont know if there are any trout but the bass, crappie and cats bite like crazy. Can't wait to get them over the camp fire with a few cold ones. YUM

What kind of a camper you got Woody? We have a 26ft Jayco Jayflight.
John
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:57 am

My friends and I are heading down to camp on a river this thursday! Just hoping the weather stays nice!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:24 am

We usually go camping for the WI fishing opener but won't be doing it this year due to schedule conflicts...I think we're shooting for the weekend after.  Can't beat camping by one of the best trout streams in the state, sitting around the campfire and talking about old times!
QDM!

Woody

Postby Woody » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 am

ORIGINAL: John1961

Sounds great Woody good luck. We camp near Peru Indiana, Dont know if there are any trout but the bass, crappie and cats bite like crazy. Can't wait to get them over the camp fire with a few cold ones. YUM

What kind of a camper you got Woody? We have a 26ft Jayco Jayflight.

I couldnt agree more, nothin better than an opening morning with fresh trout in the frying pan.  We just have your basic 12ft coleman pop up camper. The wife and I always said we would never leave the tent but that changed when we had kids. Now we do all of our camping out of our pop up [;)]  Good luck to ya.!
When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 ft. closer to God.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:33 am

We went Camping on Easter weekend....braved a pretty good storm thursdays night with high winds,rain and hail but we made it through and enjoyed the rest of the weekend.We enjoyed the camp fire and did a lot of bike riding on the trail between the 2 large Camp Grounds that are a little over a mile apart.We have a 24 foot Coachman Spirit of America Camper...hopefully we upgrade to  larger Camper or maybe a 5th Wheel in the near future?There is a nice creek close to do some fishing and it joins a larger River if you want a bigger place to fish or even go on a float trip.There are several nice State Parks around here to go camping at like Trail of Tears,Sam A. Baker,St. Francis and St. Joseph State Park and Lake Wappapelo, and Old Greenville just to name a few.  

John1961

Postby John1961 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:24 am

I cant wait.... We have a 26ft Jayco Jay Flight. Sleeps 9. We will be taking both sons and family's. Only one son has kids so far. Got to re string all the rods, all the fun stuff. This year #1 son and family has a tent Santa brought them and the kids as well a sleeping bags. I dont know who is more excited the wife and I of the grand buddies. Image
John
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:21 pm

the first trip is usually in may when turkey season opens
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to Off Topic