Finding any Morels

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
OHhunter

Finding any Morels

Postby OHhunter » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:10 am

Anyone finding any Morels? 

I've been out a few times to some spots that normally produce, but haven't found any yet.  IMO it's been a little to cold, I've herd of a few people finding some black ones here and there.  Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have found some.

Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

gunther89

RE: Finding any Morels

Postby gunther89 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:53 am

Here in Wisconsin we got about another month to go.  Normally by mid May they are up and maybe early May if its been a warm spring.
Scott

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Not yet, still have some time.. I cant wait tho, they taste great!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:27 pm

The ground temperature is still too cold here. We had a frost heavy enough last night that my daughter had to scrape the windshield this morning before leaving.  I'll give it 3 more weeks.

MHHC S. IL

Postby MHHC S. IL » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:04 am

Found a few yesterday on the way out after turkey hunting, but couldn't stick around to look, I was running late for an Easter get-together after I couldn't convince a longbeard to cross a creek that wasn't more than 2 feet wide...bummer!
LIVE AT FULL DRAW

Return to Off Topic