Bad news from Iowa

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
JPH

Bad news from Iowa

Postby JPH » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:52 am

I am not an overly political guy, but I want to speak on this. Yesterday's Iowa Supreme Court decision, approving gay "marriage", does not represent the will of the people here.

A certain wealthy lobby, from outside the state, has pumped enormous amounts of money into our local political campaigns and has purchased the loyalty of large parts of our state gvt. The legislature had the chance to address this by way of a constitutional amendment, but they declined and left it up to the courts.

I suppose this should serve as a lesson to all. If the homosexual lobby can buy gay marriage in Iowa, just imagine what the animal rights lobby can do in your state. And don't think they are not watching!

CB on the run

RE: Bad news from Iowa

Postby CB on the run » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:06 am

Unfortunately our political system encourages lobbyists and special interest groups and readily accepts their donations.  I'm not sure what the bond of marriage entitles a guy couple too in Iowa but I hope one is a free hunting license.  With American values and ethics changing we need all the help we can get.  All my extra dollars go to the NRA.

Charlie Belle

Goose

RE: Bad news from Iowa

Postby Goose » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:33 am

So its not just the land of the giants anymore?[:D]

J/K, that is sad and serious. Its amazing what greed has done to this world......
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Return to Off Topic