Killer buck

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
msbadger

Killer buck

Postby msbadger » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:00 am

We have goats and I have a boarer buck that just hates me...thought I'd show you some pics of a few...babies were born couple weeks ago

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/IMG_0284.jpg" border="0" alt="Our billy..he hates me..."></a>

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/IMG_0282.jpg" border="0" alt="where have you seen this before?"></a>

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/IMG_0285.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

Honest to god I need to read my post better before hitting OK..I really do know how to spell....[&:]

John1961

RE: Killer buck

Postby John1961 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:03 am

Its been many a year but I remember goats milk to be really good. Never tryed the meat tho. 
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Sorry ms b missed this thread. What do you do with your goats? I heard goat milk is supposed to be good also. Do you make soap with the milk or anything?
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:58 am

Well when we had a bigger herd I use to make simple cheeses and we drank it and I cooked with it....We also use to raise hogs on it....and feed it to the chickens and dogs....It really finshed the hogs off well and the meat was sweet and tender...but since the kids grew up and got out of 4-H....We stopped raising hogs and the chickens and dogs still drink it....We have had to go to skim milk due to Mr.B having high cholesterol....but Our herd is small now because of the Yote problem we have...lost too many kids to them...so I sold off alot and bought "Killer Buck"...He's a Boer goat...a meat goat ...as you can see from his wide chest and big shoulders....the kids go to market or local buyers...this year we lost 2 kids and have these two ...I may have local buyers for them...it pays for their winter hay...I keep them...Well Mr. B likes watching the kids each spring and I like the fact that the goats keep the local deer buck hanging around in the fall....This buck just hates me ...no one else just me and I'll admit I afraid of him...we use to get along and then on day when I went in the paddock to feed them he turned on me...tryed to gore my thigh with his horn and I turned just in time ...but that had me sideways and he managed...and I'm not small by any means... to pick me up and toss me several feet on my back....crab crawling backwards and rolling I managed to get up and run! We've had a couple of run in since...once he pinned me against the barn but I managed to twist his head until he was on the ground and I ran....Now I allow my shepherd to herd him when I need to attend the girls...We had him separated but he has destroyed three differant fences to get back to the herd...I gave up[>:]

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:12 am

Wow, if I had an animal that did that I think I would find it a new home..[:D] You said he's a meat buck. What are you going to make out of him? My coworker usually processes deer but he did some goats last year and brought in some samples for us. It was good.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to Off Topic