signs are all there.....

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Wanderer

RE: signs are all there.....

Postby Wanderer » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:43 am

When I went down to the end of the driveway yesterday to put my trash out for pickup, there were nightcrawlers all over the blacktop. I've not seen that for quite awhile. Heading out to the barn to feed the horses this morning, (and breaking ice on the way) I saw a flock of about a dozen robins out by the roundpen. I hope that they ate the worms up before they froze to the ground. Ah spring in Indiana... 62 degrees yesterday and 22 this morning.

DoeEyed

RE: signs are all there.....

Postby DoeEyed » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Welcome to spring. It's been quite busy and noisy around here. Been getting woken up by honking geese swimming in the swamp and the songbirds are having a party all day everyday. We've got a pair of geese we see in the cornfield everyday next to the house along with a couple pairs of sandhill cranes. I'm hoping the geese will start nesting around here this year now that we have some ponds. Also been seeing alot of turkeys and deer out in the fields. At night I can hear the owls hooting and the coyotes were causing a ruckus a couple nights ago. They start up and then the neighbors dogs start barking and howling. Yep Spring is deffinately here!
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Previous

Return to Off Topic