What bargain did you spot today?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
passin through

RE: What bargain did you spot today?

Postby passin through » Thu May 21, 2009 5:22 pm

I think today was especially good.....  In my travels I found Rip Cord arrow rests marked 50% off  ($44 tax and all!!!)...I bought one for one of my buddies that has been looking for one and then I got a deal I feel a little guilty over...
I went by the house of one of our older club members who was having a garage sale and saw he had a 4wheeler pulled disk for sale  He has quit hunting, so he was selling all his gear... I've always wanted one so I asked what he wanted for it and he told me 125..... I had the extra cash so I bought it and his grandsons loaded it in the truck with me never looking at it (I mainly bought it to help him out)  I get home and examine my purchase in closer detail and see there are stickers still on the blades and the plastic tag from northern tool is still attached...being the curious type I looked it up on northern s website and discovered this disc retails at 699.99 before shipping......I'm toying with the idea of going back and giving him an extra 100 (which I had budgeted for one in the first place) or making sure him and his family have all the venison they want this coming season... or both.  Either way I am ecstatic with my purchase.
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Thu May 21, 2009 8:48 pm

www.fatwallet.com

Loads of good deals. Look on the forums for free stuff. You'll never buy shampoo or body spray again if you aren't picky about brand.

Proff

Postby Proff » Fri May 22, 2009 5:16 am

I have been considering relegating my old Scott Little Bitty Goose release to back up release status, and getting a new Scott Sabertooth NCS. I really like the forward trigger. All the local shops and stores had them from $79.95 to $89.95. So I checked ebay and did a google search, and I found a really good deal on one.  It was $66.95 with free shipping. This was the NCS connector model, camo head and camo buckle strap. They also had the RSC and regular connector, all models with the buckle or velcro and in either black or camo. I thought that was really a great price. I ordered it on line last night about 11:30 pm, got an e-mail this morning that it is being shipped today.
It was at www.savebigoutdoors.com  I had never heard of it before, and they didn't have a huge selection, but what they did have had really good prices.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:20 am

ORIGINAL: passin through

I think today was especially good.....  In my travels I found Rip Cord arrow rests marked 50% off  ($44 tax and all!!!)...I bought one for one of my buddies that has been looking for one and then I got a deal I feel a little guilty over...
I went by the house of one of our older club members who was having a garage sale and saw he had a 4wheeler pulled disk for sale  He has quit hunting, so he was selling all his gear... I've always wanted one so I asked what he wanted for it and he told me 125..... I had the extra cash so I bought it and his grandsons loaded it in the truck with me never looking at it (I mainly bought it to help him out)  I get home and examine my purchase in closer detail and see there are stickers still on the blades and the plastic tag from northern tool is still attached...being the curious type I looked it up on northern s website and discovered this disc retails at 699.99 before shipping......I'm toying with the idea of going back and giving him an extra 100 (which I had budgeted for one in the first place) or making sure him and his family have all the venison they want this coming season... or both.  Either way I am ecstatic with my purchase.

That's a helluva deal for that....Nice of you to think of him and possibly give him more cash for it or help him out in another way.  You deserve a pat on the back!
QDM!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri May 22, 2009 2:10 pm

Here's a pretty good but on a saw on ebay, new these went for about $325, if it's in as good as condition as described it would be a steal for $185.  It doesn't say it in the listing but I believe it has a 45 cc engine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230344319312&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:21 am

WDW (Disney) is emailing 40% off Disney resort stays!!!!

You might be able to find the inof on their website or just sign up for the emails

Good deals!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:16 pm

I got a free cable lock today from a local Harley dealership with a coupon I got off of fatwallet. Now, one of my treestands will be marginally harder to steal.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:50 am

ORIGINAL: danesdad

I got a free cable lock today from a local Harley dealership with a coupon I got off of fatwallet. Now, one of my treestands will be marginally harder to steal.

Looked for the coupon but couldn't find it, any special instructions on where to find it on their website? Search on Harley Davidson turned up nothing concerning a cable lock.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:05 pm

I found the Hunt Club Management Guide by J Wayne Fears for a price of 4 for a buck. Of course I already have a copy on my bookshelf and I've already given one away on this forum, but I couldn't pass up that price. Now I've got 4 extras. Anybody needs one, PM me with your address.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:21 am

My new favorite site!!!! camofire.com

Not as exciting as steapandcheap.com but along the same lines.
Here's the best part though: its just for hunters!!!!!!!!!

They have essentially a deal a day. And I have seen some incredible deals this week.
They are working on adding more items and deals more often
But for now they run a longer time limit on the items, once (if) they sell out they immediately bring on a new one.

Be careful, you may end up with carbon arrows, flashlights and jackets that you don't need!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic