question about big foot.

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
bowboxer

question about big foot.

Postby bowboxer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:58 pm

if you was deer hunting and big foot walked out and you said ok i am going to prove that i saw big foot and you shot him and when you walk to get him, but it turn out to be a man in a big foot suit what if anything can you be charged with. this question came up in a criminal justice class.

Ifishandhunt

RE: question about big foot.

Postby Ifishandhunt » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Holy cow, that is so funny. My son and I were hunting this morning and it was freakin foggy. We couldn't see more that 40-50 yards around us. We were hearing noises but could never see what it was. We joked that is was Sasquatch sneaking up on us!

But to your point: I think that unless the hunting regulations say you can shoot Big Foot, aka Sasquatch [:D], you know, 'Sasquatch Season', you might get cited for poaching... and then murder. But if you live in a state where it is Sasquatch Season or there is no closed season on Sasquatch (you can hunt him all year) and you saw what appeared to be a bonafide Sasquatch and shot him then I say you will not be charged with anything. The idiot who wore the Sasquatch suit in the woods was in fact unfit for society and the woods, was a danger to himself and others, and should be culled. You just happened to be the one to remove that danger from our world. Heck, they may award you for removing one of that 'bad gene pool' humans and give you your own show on The Outdoor Channel.

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:27 pm

You might get away with it from a natural resources stand point, because you would be in prison for homicide. Id have to dig out my statutes book to determine which one, but off hand I would go with some degree of reckless homicide. Even your standard hunting "accident" would carry charges of homicide most likely, assuming the person you shot died. Shooting a person by misidentification wouldn't be a defense of justification, unless of course, you could show that the "big foot" was attacking you or someone else and you were acting in self defense. Funny question, because I have sat in the treestand and asked myself that very same question.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:21 pm

lolol Man what a question![:D]

I would say your spending time behind bars!
Involintary manslaughter, or man slaughter 15-20 yrs depending on the state give or take

woodsalta

Postby woodsalta » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:41 pm

But the question still remains...What if it really is bigfoot you shoot! The millions you would make from all the media coverage, the book deals, the TV interviews, worldwide fame as being the one to find the missing link?! Oh yeah and the movie rights would be astronomical!!!!! Dream big or go home!!! HAHAHA
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:19 pm

ORIGINAL: woodsalta

But the question still remains...What if it really is bigfoot you shoot! The millions you would make from all the media coverage, the book deals, the TV interviews, worldwide fame as being the one to find the missing link?! Oh yeah and the movie rights would be astronomical!!!!! Dream big or go home!!! HAHAHA

Maybe not. The QBM (quality bigfoot management) boys would be castigating you because "he wasn't a shooter yet"! [:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:33 am

So what your trying to say is he has a size limit on his FOOT........

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

ORIGINAL: woodsalta

Maybe not. The QBM (quality bigfoot management) boys would be castigating you because "he wasn't a shooter yet"! [:D]

290is

Postby 290is » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:59 am

[&:] well, stay focus to the game that you're after. anything else that is not in self defense, it's a maximum penalty in my book...

NC Deer Hunter

Postby NC Deer Hunter » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:52 am

You would be go to go boxer because you were in fear for your life.

woodsalta

Postby woodsalta » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 pm

You could use the old South Park method a say "He's coming right for us!" lol
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.

Next

Return to Off Topic