Antler jewelery

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
motorbreaker

Antler jewelery

Postby motorbreaker » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 pm

We made these necklesses with some chewed up shed antlers, My buddy did a bit more grinding
on the antler beeds then i wanted him to. We are now making some more out of some smaller
antlers from deer I harvested in my early years, Small racks. Also a pic of my backscratcher.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Attachments
Neckless 2.jpg
Neckless 2.jpg (35.3 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Neckless.jpg
Neckless.jpg (33.63 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Back scratcher.jpg
Back scratcher.jpg (26.45 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Jake

Ohio farms

Re: Antler jewelery

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 pm

That's pretty cool..How did you sand down the beads?
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Ohio farms wrote:That's pretty cool..How did you sand down the beads?

Table top belt sander and a polishing wheel.
Jake

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 pm

What are you going to do with them motorbreaker? Who's going to wear them.

I make men's jewlery. Mostly for me, some for family and friends, and have sold a few. For men, you would want to keep it small and simpified. As a rule men do not care for anything big and gawdy around their neck. Here are a few pics of what I make.
Also a kind of tab for glass cases. Also antler pieces for key chains(not pictured).
Attachments
Img_1526.jpg
Img_1526.jpg (24.36 KiB) Viewed 416 times
Img_1530.jpg
Img_1530.jpg (26.01 KiB) Viewed 416 times
Img_1524.jpg
Img_1524.jpg (31.16 KiB) Viewed 416 times
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:15 am

charlie 01 wrote:What are you going to do with them motorbreaker? Who's going to wear them.

I make men's jewlery. Mostly for me, some for family and friends, and have sold a few. For men, you would want to keep it small and simpified. As a rule men do not care for anything big and gawdy around their neck. Here are a few pics of what I make.
Also a kind of tab for glass cases. Also antler pieces for key chains(not pictured).

Nice work Charlie. I made them for me and my family. have one in the works for a hunting buddy and another one for me.
The neckless were working on now will be different then the ones pictherd. i will post pics when there done. It takes a while to make these things.
Havent had them done long. havent worn them anywhere yet. They look cool hanging on the wall.
I had many small racks and had no room to hang them anywhere. i figured they would look better this way vs sitting
in a box somewhere.
And the turkeyfoot backscratcher works great.
Jake

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:32 am

I had many small racks and had no room to hang them anywhere. i figured they would look better this way vs sitting
in a box somewhere.

In someways I think it's too bad you have decided to cut up what is a memory that should last a life time. Haveing those bucks antlers on display keeps the memory alive (out of sight out of mind). I display every buck I have taken in some form, either a mount or on a barn board. For some reason I feel the need to display something of the animal that gave up so much for my enjoyment. Any buck that I take and am not going to have a mount made, gets put on a piece of barn board. It looks good and does not take up much room. It's just the dusting that gets you.
Img_1532.jpg
Img_1532.jpg (83.3 KiB) Viewed 383 times
never say never

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:53 pm

After viewing your pic, which is great, I'm thinking that you are single or your wife is a very tolerant woman. I have three deer mounts (with one due to pick up this month) and three fish in our family room, but the next one will need some discussion before it gets on the wall.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:01 pm

Your right Ohio farms she is a very tolerent wife, and I am so lucky. The pic is of "my room", and mine alone. She tolerates two mounts I have in the family room and no more there. In "my room", I have 4 mounts and things are starting to get little tight. The bucks from 08 & 09 would have normally been mounted, (they were that nice), but no room. What little space I have left, I'm hopefully saving for a booner.

Can't you just sneek the new mount in? Sometimes they just don't understand the importance, do they. I'm lucky to have a room to myself, if I didn't I don't know what I would do. Maybe the garage? Actually, after telling some of my fellow hunters that I have no more room for mounts, they suggested I take one or some of the older ones and put them in the garage so there is room for some new ones. I gave it some thought, but I don't think so.
never say never

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:22 am

The new one does have a spot in our family room. It's the next one may not, however. If I could ever figure out how to resize pictures on a Mack I would post it.
My wife is actually great in supporting my passion for the outdoors, but everything has a limit.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:45 am

Nice Charlie, Looks like you have harvested a lot of nice bucks, And I love antler clutter.
The 3 very small racks I cut up will be displayed in a differant way, And will be more attractive to me.
I have differant standerds today then I had 30 years ago, And it bothers me some that I shot these
small inmature deer. But dam they tasted good.
Jake

Next

Return to Off Topic