casey anthony trial

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
bmstaaf

casey anthony trial

Postby bmstaaf » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:38 pm

casey anthony trial: innocent what is this world coming to? Our court systems work NOT..justice not served so sad...

Ohio farms

Re: casey anthony trial

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:14 pm

I was really surprised as well. My wife watches Nancy Grace all the time to get her information on the trial. I question whether she has justice rather than ratings in mind during her shows. It seemed that everything was circumstantial, although there was loads of it. In the old west I suspect someone would have gotten a rope, but I hope we are past that. She states everything as if it is a proven fact, well it has to be proven in a court of law not TV. We don't really know what information the jury was given or what they were allowed to hear legally. She is innocent until proven guilty. I've been on a jury and it is much more of a responsibility to follow the rules of law when deciding a verdict than being on the outside watching the talking heads and reading the newspaper. You can't just think she is guilty, you have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. If you were on trial for something would you not want it that way? Having said all that, I think she was guilty as sin and a true lowlife, but I was not on the jury or in the court room. Who the hell knows?
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:16 pm

The verdict came as a surprise ......especially to the Legal Analysts .
Semper Fi !

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:49 am

Yup no justice for that little girl, its pathetic how many loop holes are in our justice system and a good attorney will find everyone of them...makes me sick to my stomach...

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:23 am

bmstaaf wrote:casey anthony trial: innocent what is this world coming to? Our court systems work NOT..justice not served so sad...

I respectfully disagree 110%...i believe this one of the very,very few times that the legal system has worked the way it is intended to.
Regardless of what you or i think by watching armchair quarterback from our homes. The burden of proof is on the prosecution,to ''prove beyond a reasonable doubt''....that she committed this act....no physical proof...no materials left behind at the crime scene.....no witnesses....no motive....only a theory that the prosecution spun...believable...ahh maybe...but not beyond a reasonable doubt....im more astonished at the overwhelming rage that people have at her,and the ''lynch mob'' mentality....i little girls life was taken..but neither you or i know who...neither did a panel of 12 human beings....any other judgements are simply raw displaced emotion....

Here's the facts-the woman is a liar and a little strange...but that does not make her a killer...the prosecution provided no motive...whatsoever...no physical evidence...how the hell could any of you convict someone just because you dont like her or him??---did she do it??? no-one knows but her and God.....did the system work ? yes-100%

woodsalta

Postby woodsalta » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:34 am

Although it's very sad that a young child died, I can't believe the amount of time and energy that people have spent on this trial. If everyone that has followed this trial would have spent this much time worrying about their own lives, I think the world would be a better place. I don't have the time to follow something that has NO EFFECT on my life. You couldn't turn on the news without hearing about the trial, the lawyers arguing blah, blah, blah. People are so involved and wrapped up in other peoples lives that it's pathetic. What's done is done, and remember, being found "not guilty" does not mean being "innocent".
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:04 am

U can't ever have justice when a child dies.

But I hope we have now learned not to watch the TV "experts" or media anymore.........for anything.

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:41 pm

Agreed that it's tragic when a child dies. Personally I think she's guilty, but our law system is built on the premise of innocent until PROVEN guilty. Just because she wasn't guilty doesn't mean she's innocent, but none of us can say with absoulute certainty that she did the crime.

The thing that made me angry (beside the fact that a child misteriously died) was that apparently someone paid her $1 million to talk about the trial. So whether she's gulity or not, this country will make you rich if you do something really bad. What a shame. And we wonder why there is concern for our future.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:24 pm

What strikes me as ironic about this, is that there are many people who would not have thought ill of her at all if she'd aborted her child in the womb, and in fact would have admired her for exercising her "reproductive rights".

Either way, a child....an INNOCENT child...is dead. IMO, whether it was 6 months or 6 years, it makes no difference. The child is still dead.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:27 pm

I have to agree that the justice system did work the way it was supposed to. I personally believe she had something to do with it. Whether she held the child down and choked her to death or killed her by accident, I guess we'll never know, but I think she had a strong hand in it. Regardless, the state didn't prove she did it, so she was found not guilty. It's too bad that the court system works more like a chess match, and whichever lawyer makes the better moves will win, regardless of the truth. But in this case, there just wasn't enough evidence to say "Yup, she did it without a reasonable doubt". I imagine most of the jury really wanted to find her guilty, but they came out with the right verdict. With what they had to work with, they couldn't find her guilty, and their job was to base the decision on the evidence. It's sad all the way around.

Next

Return to Off Topic