Hurricane Irene

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Rutnut

Hurricane Irene

Postby Rutnut » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:56 pm

Hope everyone on the East coast is doing well. My family, friends and neighbors are all healthy thank God. I know there are worse disasters out there, but all I see is devastation as I carefully travel.

The scene from my driveway is tree after tree across the road, but none on my house…just by chance I suppose. Going to be week’s b4 we have power. My town is 100% without power. We’re lucky. I know of 24 beach homes on one street that are no longer there. Fortunately I’ve been preparing for disaster. I have food, water, and fuel for my generator. I feel fortunate. There are very few gas stations….and it is a long wait, if u can get there.

Again, hope every one touched by Irene is doing well…or well enough. I have noticed that almost everyone I have come in contact with has a good attitude, and offers a helping hand. It’s good to see people so generous, in the age of me me me. God Bless!
Attachments
irene road.jpg
irene road.jpg (60.37 KiB) Viewed 195 times

Ohio farms

Re: Hurricane Irene

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Whoa...Hope things get better for you soon. Hang in there. Being without power gets old when the sun goes down. How is your venison doing in the freezer? That's what always freaks me out.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Looks pretty nasty, glad you are alright. Are the wires dead, or could some of that weight be removed? Where is here anyhow? I am a firm believer in being prepared myself. It makes a big difference.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Rutnut

Postby Rutnut » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:57 am

I see my profile was never updated since the new format. "Here" is East Haddam CT.

Ohio Farms, the Veni has been done for a while. Everything else that was in my big freezer was thrown on the grill. Nothing like an unexpected BBQ!!

Actually, a lot of good times have come from this. My extended family and I got together last night on the water for a cook out and a chat by the fire. That was great. Took a freezing shower, which was really enjoyable to be honest.

my main concern is for my O'l Man...He's in his 70's. But, he's got the generator going and everyone calls him frequently.

We have no power here at work, but a huge generator. So, I get my time on the web.

Hunting season starts in 15 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all good!

(The picture is my Brothers Rd...I promise, there's a road under there somewhere)
Attachments
Storm - Short Beach 027.jpg
Storm - Short Beach 027.jpg (100.82 KiB) Viewed 179 times

Return to Off Topic