Ron Paul in 2012

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Mac

Ron Paul in 2012

Postby Mac » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:47 am

2012 the Change we've all been waiting on.

Have any of you ever noticed how many hunters there are in the U.S.?
If we'd all stick together, we could esentualy run the country.
I'm deff. not telling you who to cast your vote for, I'm just saying, Do some research!
I'll be honest, I've never casted a vote in my 12 years of eligibility for two reasons:
1. I was young, dumb, and didn't research.
2. There wasn't a viable candidate to vote for.

Not the case anymore!

Do your own research! Don't make this go away! Just bump it if you agree. Keep it at the top if you think more people should see it. Thanks!
Ron Paul in 2012!
Quote: "Real men hunt with fly swatters!" - me... lol

69Viking

Re: Ron Paul in 2012

Postby 69Viking » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:06 pm

I'll bump it for you Mac, I think Ron Paul is a lot better than any of the other idiots out there. I normally vote but didn't vote at the last election because I couldn't figure out whether to vote for dumb or dumber.
69Viking

bobow

Postby bobow » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Mac wrote:
Do your own research! Don't make this go away! Just bump it if you agree. Keep it at the top if you think more people should see it. Thanks!
Ron Paul in 2012!

I agree with you on keeping the upcoming election TOM (top of mind)

Where I disagree with you is Ron lost me when he keeps blaming America for the attacks of 9/11. I have a problem with that amongst other things.

Everyone should pay attention and get your butts out to vote. Just be an informed individual. You can't fix stupid fits applies in too many instances.

IMO, anyone that receives a government handout is a bought vote and that is an issue. I am not thinking SS or Medicare which in itself is a joke.

Let the flames begin!
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Anyone have an opionion on this man for President?...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Not that I am for or against Governor Rick Perry for being President, but many people outside the State of Texas have been asking me “who is Rick Perry?” Well a friend of mine recently sent me the following description of just who Rick Perry is; hence, I thought it prudent to share such info with you…………………...

-----------------------------------------

Who Is Rick Perry?
He is a fifth generation Texan, the son of hardscrabble west Texas tenant farmers – Democrats but conservatives through and through. He grew up in a farm town too small to be on the state map. Life was so hard that he was six years old before his house had indoor plumbing. His mother sewed his clothes, including the underwear he wore to college.

He is an Eagle Scout. After Paint Creek High School , he attended Texas A&M, graduated, and was commissioned into the Air Force where he became a C-130 pilot.

Now 61 years old, he has won nine elections to four different offices in Texas state government. In the first three elections he ran as a Democrat then switched to the Republican Party. He is currently the 47th governor of Texas – a position he has held for 11 years, the longest tenure of any governor in the nation.

He has never lost an election.

Rick Perry was the Lieutenant Governor to whom Governor George Bush handed over the office after winning the 2000 Presidential election. Since then, Perry won gubernatorial elections in 2002, 2004, and 2010, the last time by 55% against a field consisting of a Democrat, a Libertarian, a Green Party, and an Independent.

Since he became its Governor, Texas – a right to work state that taxes neither personal income nor capital gains – has added more jobs than the other 49 states combined. In the last two years, low taxes and little regulation led his state to create 47% of all jobs created in the entire nation. Five of the top ten cities with the highest job growth in the nation are in Texas . People follow jobs, so in the last four years for which data are available, Texas led every state in net interstate migration growth.

Perry signed ground-breaking “loser pays” tort reform and medical litigation rules that caused malpractice insurance rates to fall. Some 20,000 doctors have since moved to Texas .

Texas boasts 58 of the Fortune 500 companies – more than any other state. Since May 2011 Texas resumed its pre-recession employment levels. Only two other states and the District of Columbia have done that.

Texas ships 16% of the nation’s export value. California trails at 11%. Of the 70 companies that have fled California so far in 2011, 14 relocated in Texas .

In this year’s Texas legislative season, Perry got most of what he wanted. With no new taxes, a fiscally lean state budget was passed leaving $6 billion in a rainy day fund even as other states around the country struggled to balance budgets and avoid more deficit borrowing. A voter ID bill passed that was designed to prevent ballot box fraud and illegal voting. A bill passed that makes plaintiffs pay court costs and attorney fees if their suits are deemed frivolous.

Perry scored points even in his legislative failures. He failed to get sanctuary cities banned – Texas towns in which police cannot question detainees about their immigration status. The blame fell on the legislature. Perry also failed to get a so-called “anti-groping” bill passed that would put Transportation Security Administration agents in prison if they touch the genitals, anus, or breasts of passengers in a pat down. Federal officials threatened to halt all flights out of Texas airports and the bill died in special session. That endeared Texans even more to TSA employees living in Texas .

Perry jogs daily in the morning. He has no bodyguard with him, but his daughter’s dog runs by his side and he carries a laser-guided automatic pistol in his belt. Last year while jogging in an undeveloped area, a coyote paralleled his jogging route, eyeing his dog. He drew his pistol and killed the animal with one shot, leaving it where it fell. “He became mulch," Perry said. Animal rights groups protested, but Perry shrugged it off. “Don’t come after my dog,” he warned them.

Recently, Obama asked Perry to delay the July 7 execution of Humberto Leal in order to comply with the International Court of Justice in The Hague and the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations. Perry refused. Therefore Obama asked the US Supreme Court to delay the execution because it would damage US foreign relations. The Court refused 5-4 and Perry ordered the execution to go forward as scheduled. Over the howls of diplomats, politicians, and the UN, Leal was administered a lethal injection at 6:20 p.m. Before he died, he admitted his guilt and asked for forgiveness.

The case has special implications for Perry, who is considering a run for the presidency in 2012. Even his critics resent federal interference in a Texas execution, which is related to a state, not a federal, crime – an alcohol and drug-fueled rape and murder 17 years ago by an illegal whose family brought him into the country 35 years ago as a child. The interference hinges not on the man’s guilt, which Leal’s advocates acknowledged, but on a technicality – failure to inform Leal that he could have gotten legal representation from the Mexican consulate in lieu of the court-appointed attorneys who represented him. Independent Texans saw Obama’s interference as another intrusion of federal power into the affairs of a state, which could cost Obama support in other states.

Needless to say, Perry is a hard-edged conservative and a ferocious defender of 10th Amendments rights (“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”) – an explicit restriction of the federal government to only those powers granted in the Constitution. Perry accuses the federal government, especially the Obama administration, of illegal overreach.

Perry said “no thanks” to the feds whose stimulus offered taxpayer dollars for education and unemployment assistance. The strings on “free money” from Washington , he said, would restrict Texas in managing its own affairs. Perry even depleted all state funds to fight recent wildfires before asking Washington for disaster relief. His request has been ignored, which comes across as an unvarnished federal power play, further pitting Perry and Texans against the federal government.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity,

an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

--Sir Winston Churchill

The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Ron Paul would not be my first choice..or my second for that matter...but ANYONE on the GOP side would be better than what we have now!!!!!

Obama......Putting the "O" in incOmpetent!!!

Jimmy Carter has got to be one happy man though....now he will NOT be known as thre worst President we've ever had!
Last edited by Woods Walker on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

bobow

Postby bobow » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Woods Walker wrote:Ron Paul would not be my first choice..or my second for that matter...but ANYONE on the GOP side would be better than what we have now!!!!!

Obama......Putting the "O" in incOmpetent!!!

I can not argue with this logic! Barackaclypse has to exit after one term, IMO
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:14 pm

I would hope that the "Obama Experience" has taught the American voting public a very valuble lesson (and Lord knows it's certainly COST us enough $$$$$$$!!!! :evil: ), and that lesson is that we should NEVER, EVER elect a person be the chief executive of the most powerful, wealthiest (or at least we WERE :cry: ) country in the world, who's never so much as run a lemonade stand. That goes for EITHER party, and is one of the reasons why I do not like Ron Paul. Good ideas are great, and if they jibe with the same ideas that you have then that person is all the more alluring. But let's face reality...it takes more than good ideas. FAR more. It takes EXECUTIVE level experience. That would be like running a large corporation, or being a high level military executive officer, or like most of our past Presidents a GOVERNOR.Being a governor is basically the same job as President, albeit on a smaller scale. and without the international realtions angle.

Obama in this case is akin to a person being the given the job of coaching an NFL team in the Superbowl, who's not only never played the game, but doesn't even understand how the game is PLAYED!!!! I own a small (well, micro now) business that at one time employed 8 people. As inadequate and unqualified as I am to be President, I'm 100% more qualified than Obama was, and is!!!!

A President also needs LEADERSHIP skills. That means that you know that no one person can know everything, so you have the skills and talent to recruit and appoint people who DO know, so that they can advise you. Leadership also means inspiring the people around you as well as the people who you work for, the American voter. A CLASSIC example of this was Ronald Reagan. Even Bill Clinton did a fairly credible job of this (and I never voted for him because I disagreed with a lot of his ideas, but I do give credit where credit is due.....and Clinton was a GOVERNOR).

Now with Obama on this criteria I can only say one thing........non-existant.

Let's hope that 2012 bring some REAL change....Lord knows we deserve it.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

DanburyBowhunter

Postby DanburyBowhunter » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Ron Paul is the only candidate I've ever voted FOR (not against the other guy). Got the chance in the MA primaries a few years back. I'd love the opportunity to vote for him again. Some of those other so called repubs lose my vote as soon as they support corporate tax cuts and/or eliminating the mortgage deduction.
It is a hard heart that kills. If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:56 pm

That's your choice, and that's fine, but what kind of qualifications does Paul have for running something as large and complex as the United States Of America, other than his ideas? I mean, ideas are important, and of course you (and I) would want to vote for someone who's ideas we like, but beyond that the person has to at least have some job qualifications, no?

If you had to have a very crucial life-or-death surgery done on yourself, or a loved one, wouldn't you want a surgeon who's already performed a similar operation from which the patient survived? Or would you feel comfortable using a person who's never been a surgeon, and never performed operations, but just TALKED about what he would do and how well he would do it?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:20 am

Let's keep politics in "Off Topic" eh? That's one of the things that I really like about this Forum.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Next

Return to Off Topic