Why We Need Hunters!!!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

Why We Need Hunters!!!

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:24 am

( I just got this in an email.......!!!)

Food for thought

Here's an interesting side bar. After the Japanese decimated our fleet in
Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and
carriers directly to California to finish what they started.

The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a
massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River. Remember, we had
a 2 million man army and war ships. All fighting the Germans.

So, why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that
question. Their answer......They knew that almost every home had guns and the
Americans knew how to use them.

The world's largest army...America's hunters! I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and
arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin.
Allow me to restate that number.
Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth
largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran...

More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with
firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of
Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters - All of whom have now returned
home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally
establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would
comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of
home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies , foreign and domestic , want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

--
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

jonny5buck

Re: Why We Need Hunters!!!

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Amen to that WW-...

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:32 pm

You'd think the people who are anti gun would stop and think for a minute about that fact. They may not like guns themselves, but I bet they'd be all about you and me standing in front of them with ours to preserve their lifestyle in the face of an invasion...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:10 pm

As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................Crime crime is actually less in places where people own guns. Washington, D.C., is a case in point. It has the strictest gun laws, but who has the highest crime rate in the country? Washington, D.C.
Luke Scott ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Gun gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment.
Michael Badnarik ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
Clint Eastwood ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun."
Jeff Cooper
There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.
Ted Nugent
We are a generation of settlers, and without the steel helmet and gun barrel, we shall not be able to plant a tree or build a house.
Moshe Dayan
When you get to be President, there are all those things, the honors, the twenty-one gun salutes, all those things. You have to remember it isn't for you. It's for the Presidency.
Harry S. Truman (except for Obama, then aim lower. ;) )..................................................................... ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:36 pm

This topic reminds me of an article I read about, "The 10 Manilest Firearms". One of them was the Swiss k-31 bolt action. Here's the quote........

“While traveling around Switzerland on Sundays, everywhere one hears gunfire, but a peaceful gunfire: this is the Swiss practicing their favorite sport, their national sport. They are doing their obligatory shooting, or practicing for the regional, Cantonal or federal shooting festivals, as their ancestors did it with the musket, the arquebus or the crossbow. Everywhere, one meets urbanites and country people, rifle to the shoulder, causing foreigners to exclaim: ‘You are having a revolution!”

- General Henri Guisan

Switzerland has not been invaded in a long time, because every man and a lot of the women are issued guns which they keep at home. Imagine a government that not only allows but INSISTS its citizens keep military grade weapons. That’s points right there. Even more, they hold quarterly Schützenfests, at which shooting, carousing and drinking are expected. And it’s entirely possible you will have your ass handed to you by a 13 year old girl shooting an StG90 assault rifle that she carried to the range from school, slung across her back while pedaling her bicycle. Swiss GIRLS are better men than most allegedly-male American liberals.

There is a story, possibly apocryphal but awesome nonetheless, that a ranking German (perhaps the Kaiser) was visiting and watching the Swiss military on their summer maneuvers. He asked the Swiss commander, “How big a force do you command?”

The Swiss general confidently replied, “I can mobilize one million men in twenty-four hours.”

The German asked, “What would happen if I marched five million men in here tomorrow?”

The Swiss replied, “Each of my men will fire five shots and go home.”

Note that Switzerland was not invaded during either World War, and still used an updated version of the same bolt action rifle from 1889 to 1959, and kept it in reserve service until 1980.

The Swiss K31 carbine is…well, the Swiss Watch of rifles. It is precise, sturdy, accurate, powerful and unusual in having a straight pull bolt action. It might as well be semi-auto, if a gas tube had just been added. But the Swiss are traditionalists and not afraid of it.

The K31 packs a kick. It fires a 7.5 mm Swiss round that is expensive, because it only comes from Switzerland and it’s only available in match grade. There is no non-match grade Swiss Ammo. Swiss soldiers don’t miss. This is why they’ve never had to demonstrate the fact. Invaders fear a mountain range full of snipers.

The K31 is available surplus for $275 or so in 2011, in conditions varying from “Arsenal new” to “Beaver chewed.” The beaver chewed version is because the Swiss, when performing their summer drills, tend to use the rifle butts to pound TENT STAKES when they run short of mallets. It is an ugly but durable weapon, from a nation that respects the warrior spirit. As a bonus, when buying one surplus, one may find a card under the buttplate identifying the gentleman who was issued it. This is an awesome historical detail: a warrior’s weapon with the warrior’s mark on it. Some people have even managed to contact the soldier or his family from this information
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to Off Topic