I Wonder If This Would Work On Deer?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

I Wonder If This Would Work On Deer?

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Consider the possibilities!!!!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/NA-ST8nXl4U?rel=0
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Re: I Wonder If This Would Work On Deer?

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Woods Walker wrote:Consider the possibilities!!!!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/NA-ST8nXl4U?rel=0

I admit it, you are twisted! :lol:
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:27 pm

When I was in my 20's, I worked as a cowhand on a ranch in Wyoming. During the spring and fall when we were moving cattle to and from winter to summer range, we spent a LOT of time in the saddle, and believe you me, it was WORK. I just wished we could have had one of these gizmos to make it easier!

But then most of the cattle we were working were Angus/Hereford cross, and mostly Angus. Those old range cows would have stomped that thing into little bitty pieces!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:00 pm

I can ride, and rope, but I have never had to mess with cattle much. horses from time to time, but not more than a few days at a time. Summers mainly. I think you would need one of those bomb disposal robots for them mean cows of yours. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:18 pm

They were range tough all right. In the spring when we were branding we had to wrestle those calves down by hand. The little Angus whiteface calves would kick the living bejeezus out of you! By the end of the day you felt like someone tied you upside down in a gunny sack and worked you over with a baseball bat. Mud, blood (mostly yours), slobber and poop.

Good God how I miss those days!....REALLY!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Sounds like getting kids ready for school in the morning. ;)

scotman

Postby scotman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:03 pm

That thing would have been great when I worked on the kill floor. Just drop it in the back of a cattle trailer to unload the cattle.
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:04 pm

Sure WW, you could run them deer right around and back at ya. But seriously, That looks to be great fun day. I believe I could enjoy the whole day just playing with those cattle. They are funny.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:16 am

Just think....you could do a deer drive with a couple of those things, and then take the human element out of it entirely in regards to the drivers. No more people getting lost, wandering around onto the neighbor's, changing direction in the middle of a drive, not keeping up, etc....I'LL TAKE 2 OF 'EM!!!! ;)
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:28 am

Woodsey, you could go a step further and build them fully autonomous and teach them the property boundaries. then they could be more effective drivers with no human controller. therefore 1 more shooter, and less deer getting away. After all, it is hard to control something you can not see, And then we could go with automatic targeting, with heat seeker sensors, and maybe throw in electric cattle fences to guide them to the killing ground. Of course, with the right gear and enough info........what would we need you for? :lol:

Next

Return to Off Topic