I need video feedback

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
work2hunt

I need video feedback

Postby work2hunt » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:12 pm

I have put together a video, one of my first and it is better then the other 2 I did.... I am learning the camera side and the editing side so I need some feedback on what you think.... I am no way endorsing any names in the video. He was just kind enough to let me video on his property...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZolbWrNEC8

please only give feedback on the video and not the guide or anything else...

thanks

Big Horse

Re: I need video feedback

Postby Big Horse » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:49 pm

You might get just a slightly better camera angle at the point he exited the vehicle in order to make the name of the ranch and phone number a little clearer/easier to read. Make it the main focus of that segment of your promotional...
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Add some music in the beginning as you are driving out to the location. Thats the only thing I can figure out.
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Need to train the pigs better, make them arrive 10 minutes after the corn falls ha ha..I liked it..

work2hunt

Postby work2hunt » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks for the replies....

I realized the angle with the door wasnt good enough. But I realized it hrs later when I was editing so I had to go with it. I do plan on using a better angle and actually having an intro video just for anything future I do with the hunts and I think a the door with the name/number will be part of it.

Those pigs came out of everywhere. They recognized the sound of his truck and came running when he kicked on the feeder. I was shocked at how many kept comming.

I had like an hr or so of video to use and I got less then 2 minutes worth of good footage. I spent 6 hrs editing it all as I am new to the editing stuff.

I really enjoy it though.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Not bad. The door shot you already heard about, and you were a bit unsteady with the camera. If you are going to continue with this, they make a hand held steadycam mount that would smooth out the motion. Intro music would help, but keep it simple, or it will become irratatimg every time you hear it. Exit music. You gave no details either as what was the draw,(why THIS place) number of acreas, costs, permits, I want to hunt pigs , but I would need details to tell me if I can do it with the time and money available. What is provided, and what is not. Welcome to editing! Been there, done that, for radio 20 years ago.Good luck!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

work2hunt

Postby work2hunt » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:15 pm

The start of the video I was sitting on a luggage style rack on the front of the truck while in motion. No way to stay steady on that thing.

And also when the hog walked in front of the truck I was still sitting on the luggage rack while the truck was moving...

The rest hand held while standing....

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 pm

work2hunt wrote:The start of the video I was sitting on a luggage style rack on the front of the truck while in motion. No way to stay steady on that thing.

And also when the hog walked in front of the truck I was still sitting on the luggage rack while the truck was moving...

The rest hand held while standing....

I wondered about the luggage rack. It had to be that, or hanging on the front of the SUV, on the run down the drive. You were not bad on either of those, but the standing shots were jumpy, too quick, clearly hand held. Not as bad as the Blair Witch Project though, which gave me headaches to watch, Were you looking for input on the complete spot, or just the camera work?
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

work2hunt

Postby work2hunt » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:02 pm

If it has to do with the camera shot or editing I would love to hear your feedback..... as for the guide talking and stuff, not so much.

I am looking at getting one of those shoulder camcorder supports for the standing shots and more practice in hand holding the camcorder...

I didnt go with music at all because I liked the engine sound and I thought with the driving, then the wheel look, then the hog in the road and then stopping it all flowed well...

work2hunt

Postby work2hunt » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:04 pm

and I also thought the hog squeeling on the exit was good because it would leave you wondering what was happening at that feeder....

Next

Return to Off Topic