I need video feedback

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kellory

Re: I need video feedback

Postby kellory » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 pm

work2hunt wrote:If it has to do with the camera shot or editing I would love to hear your feedback..... as for the guide talking and stuff, not so much.

I am looking at getting one of those shoulder camcorder supports for the standing shots and more practice in hand holding the camcorder...

I didnt go with music at all because I liked the engine sound and I thought with the driving, then the wheel look, then the hog in the road and then stopping it all flowed well...

Products like this are designed to help with that very problem.[attachment=0]smoothee[2].jpg
Attachments
smoothee[2].jpg
smoothee[2].jpg (40.35 KiB) Viewed 225 times
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

work2hunt

Postby work2hunt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:36 am

I have seen the over the shoulder mounts for the camcorders, but what is that one called? I would like to look it up.

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:03 pm

work2hunt wrote:I have seen the over the shoulder mounts for the camcorders, but what is that one called? I would like to look it up.

I just did a quick google schearch for stedicams, this on was called smoothee. This is just one of many products for the shakes. Should be fairly cheap from the construction, and portable. Good luck.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

work2hunt

Postby work2hunt » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks I appreciate it....

I am looking for something to help it look smoother....

Your advice is appreciated....

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:10 am

Talk about hogs coming out of the "woodwork" on cue. Looked more like a gate was opened than wild pigs responding to a feeder. Nice video, but seem a lot like free advertising to me. No coincidence that the car door had the phone # and name of the ranch on it.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

work2hunt

Postby work2hunt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:43 am

That feeder was in a 300 Acre Hog Heaven. They have gotten used to the sound of his truck and sit inside the tall grass waiting.. He set the feeder off so I could get that shot. No fence opened to let them run to that area...

I adverstised on Craigslist for anyone who would allow me to video there hunt and he responded and has been kind enough to let me come out and do some videoing. I just got the camcorder like2 months ago or less and the eiditing software a few weeks ago and he gave me the chance to video and then I get to also edit and learn it.

I sat on saturday videoing a deer hunt with him and his client. No deer though... I am learning and only want feedback on the video itself and not on the guide or anything else...

Just looking for pointers from anyone who would give it...

work2hunt

Postby work2hunt » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:46 am

and as for the truck door, it was just a shot I wanted as it fit the flow of the driving and it needed as stopping and getting out shot....

It was coincidence and I would have taken and used the shot regardless if the number was on the door or not.

I cant learn if I dont get the shots and ask for some advice....

Previous

Return to Off Topic